Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Starting Price for Short Sale

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Starting Price for Short Sale

They bought it for 180,000 in 2006 it's been on the market for 145 days.

(bank owned) It is listed at 110,000...wonderful neighborhood...built in 2005

any suggestions for a good starting price???
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good Starting Price for Short Sale

do you need closing help?

how quickly can you close (pre and post forclosure take time usually 45-60 days but starting at 30 isn't unheard of).

Not having comps available (get them fromyour realtor)  my initial thought is 105K w/3% CC help - but this really depends on comps and any weakenesses/strengths you have as a buyer.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lady,

I have been approved for more than that price, but it's just me so I don't need a lot of house.  I was thinking about submitting a bid for the 110,000 and then asking the lender to pay the closing.

I'm receiving 20,000 in dpassistance from the county so I can't close until the end of May

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

20K down, owner pays CC, ---105 initial offer is sound --- let them counter.  end of may fits their turnaround timeframe, and it would cost them an easy 5 K to have the house in inventory for 3-4 months min if they reject your offer.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tend to use www.zillow.com to find the the value of the property...as far as what to offer  companies like countrywide are accepting 60 cnets on the dollar compared to apprasal so if it apparsies for 180k they may take as low as  108k
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,

It's value on Zillow is $154,000
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Submitted an offer today....will keep you all posted!!Woman Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.