Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my Appraisal Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my Appraisal Report

My Real Estate agent called me today to say to come in and sigh some papers. She got the appraisal from my Loan Officer. My loan officer hasnt talked to me since last friday. Though there were some little things that need to be fixed for the FHA to approve the loan. I saw pictures what the appraisal took. These are really minor fixes. My grandma can do it. They said that I cant do it, they need a handyman to do it. It can be my uncle,dad , or anyone. Im just confused to why I cant do it? They need a statement that I got a handy man to do this and that they sign it. Tomorrow Im taking my dad with me and my camera to take pictures to show that hes fixing the minor things. Im just glad that they didnt ask for anything huge. Thats the only Condition I have and hopefully the Loan should have a clear to close because Escrow is scheduled to close by the 27th of this month.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gul1
New Contributor

Re: Got my Appraisal Report

What a PITA. What do they want fixed? We are waiting for our VA loan appraisal, we are buying a new construction but it has a detached carport/garage/shop building that is not new. I really hope we won't have issues with the appraisal.

I hope after your dad fixes the issues your loan will close without any more issues, keep us updated Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are 4 things they want fixed. First the Sinks Garbage disposal is brand new, but since it was sitting there for 6 months the thing dried up so it wont turn, the other thing is that there is a vent on the garage door, when you open it, it hangs, the other problem there is a piece of wood hanging off from the backyard they want that repaired or replaced. The last is the Tub faucet is leaky, that can easily be done by buying new gaskets and a tub faucet. All I can is that FHA is very strict. i dont know about VA loans. I heard that FHA can be a hassle with small things in the house. Will keep you guys updated.

Message 3 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Veteran can't pay for repairs on a VA loan - anyone else can.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 6
gul1
New Contributor

Oh wow, they are strict! Luckily they seem to be quick and easy fixes.  The house we are buying is brand new, I don't think the house will have any issues but the detached outbuilding isn't brand new. Now I am worried that the detached builing may be a concern to the VA appraiser. It looked fine to us, seems to have new paint, roof looked fine but if they are that strict I am sure they will find something.

Shane, do you know how strict the VA is with detached outbuildings? It's a carport and a garage with a shop. If there is an issue the seller will have to pay to get it fixed? The extra detached outbuilding was one of the selling points for us, as a garage with a shop has been my husbands dream for years.

Message 5 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

If the appraiser doesn't give it any value then I doubt any repairs to it would be required.  I believe the only issue is if there is an environmental hazard.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.