cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got our DU approval, how reliable is this?! (Pending Final UW)

tag
lks638
New Contributor

Got our DU approval, how reliable is this?! (Pending Final UW)

So, the last time I posted, my partner and I were struggling to find a new lender to take us on, because my FICO had dropped to 635.  We have since found a lender that has approved us pending final UW approval, appraisal and so forth.

How reliable is a DU approval? Anyone know? We seem to have a really knowledgeable and thorough LO. But has anyone gotten a DU Approval and then denied later?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Got our DU approval, how reliable is this?! (Pending Final UW)

Last year we got DU approval, and was denied in underwriting. When you get your clear to close is when you can finally stop worrying.

Message 2 of 4
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Assuming you are honest and your LO does their job correctly DU is pretty reliable.  The LO should catch anything that is going to be a problem before it gets to the UW.  Good luck.

Message 3 of 4
lks638
New Contributor

She seems very genuine and knowledgeable (we've dealt with three, now) and all the data on the application was accurate and verifiable.  So we are hopeful that it works out!

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.