cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got the clear to close today!

tag

Got the clear to close today!

Loan officer called me on my lunch break today and delivered the good news: cleared to close!  We are closing Thursday at 11AM. 

It's a been a long journey for my wife and I.  I ran into some credit troubles after I separated from the USAF.  Filed BK and it was discharged May 2010.  Been working hard ever since then to rebuild my credit and we would always look at houses online saying "One day we'll have a home of our own."  Well, the day has arrived and we can't be happier.

We went through Veterans United Home Loans.  Purchase price was $169,000 and our rate is 3.5%.  The house is in a nice neighborhood and three houses down from my wife's mom and dad.  Which is nice because I'm not a handyman at all, but my FIL is like MacGuyver when it comes to fixing/building things!

I haven't posted a lot on these boards, but have spent countless hours reading.  The stuff I learned on here has been invaluable towards finally owning a home.  Thanks to all.

Here's a photo:

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

Re: Got the clear to close today!

That is so awesome. What a blessing - it's a beautiful home ! Your family must be very proud of your hard work and diligence to make it happen. Now......ENJOY IT TO THE FULLEST !

12/11/12 Starting Score EQ FICO - 583/ TU FICO - 615/
4/1/13 - Lender Pull - TU - 645 EQ - 675 EX 712
Each One - Teach One
Message 2 of 11
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Congrats. Enjoy your new home... Dont forget to invite all of us to the first BBQ!!! lol

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 11
BCullum
New Contributor

Beautiful home! Congrats...im counting the days to when I hear those wonderful 3 words "clear to close". 

Lender Pull EQ 745 EX 734 TU 722
Message 4 of 11

Thank you for the kind words everyone.  To everyone still waiting and working hard to get there, hang in there and your work will pay off soon!

Message 5 of 11
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS!!!! It is a beautiful home!!! I am so happy for you! We are counting the days to hear clear to close as well. Hoping it will be Friday or Monday.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 6 of 11
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

Beautiful. Congrats!

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 7 of 11
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Beautiful home congratulations!

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
cclee
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  Enjoy, it's beautiful!

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 9 of 11
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

What a beautiful home! Congrats- enjoy it!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.