cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guaranteed Loan In The Hands Of The USDA Nothing To Do But Wait!

tag
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

Guaranteed Loan In The Hands Of The USDA Nothing To Do But Wait!

So my loan went to USDA on the 8/14/13 with fully bank approval (it already went through all the bank underwriting) they are currently working on 7/29/13 so not to far behind. So since there is nothing more for me to do but wait I thought I would read through some threads on here now don't get me wrong I love this site and it and the people on it have been very helpful but, looking up all the horror stories makes me feel really insecure even through most people say making it through the bank underwriters are the hardest part and that USDA "Rubber Stamps It". So no more horror stories for me! What have you guys been doing while waiting for your decision from USDA so as to not go crazy???

Sent to USDA on August 14th 2013 Approved September 5th CLOSED September 9th!!!!!
Message 1 of 480
479 REPLIES 479
krenee2525
New Contributor

Re: Guaranteed Loan In The Hands Of The USDA Nothing To Do But Wait!

Do you happen to be in TX? My file went to USDA on 8/2/13...fully approved by bank underwriting as well and the USDA here in TX are working on 7/29/13 too
Beginning Score: 620 TU; 634 EX; 613 EQ - all lender pulled 4/15/13
Current Score: 677 TU ; 661 EQ; 648 EX - all lender pulled 6/6/13
Goal Score: 700
Message 2 of 480
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

No I'm in Ohio
Sent to USDA on August 14th 2013 Approved September 5th CLOSED September 9th!!!!!
Message 3 of 480
krenee2525
New Contributor

Ok...well at this rate I'll know what my status is before the end of next week and I hope it's APPROVED with no conditions from USDA
Beginning Score: 620 TU; 634 EX; 613 EQ - all lender pulled 4/15/13
Current Score: 677 TU ; 661 EQ; 648 EX - all lender pulled 6/6/13
Goal Score: 700
Message 4 of 480
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

Start packing???

You know that it's a formality more or less if your reports are clear of collections and such, and you don't go and buy that Rolls Royce before closing...

I know you're nervous - hopefully I'll be in the same boat as you next week if we get through bank underwriting, and we can continue to keep each other sane (ish, LOL).

In the meantime, I'm packing.  Not stuff that I need like the computer and electric kettle - but the loads and loads of books, kids' toys, winter bedding, winter clothes, home busines stuff I know won't be using for a while, etc.  That's all getting packed now.

The bonus is that the best boxes are to be had from the liquor store - so I got a nice Reisling with my boxes tonight.  Drinking helps pass the time too.... Smiley Happy

Seriously, I'm over the moon for you, as we would say back home - stay strong.  Take up knitting.  (I'm not being facetious, my home business is that I write knitting patterns for publication).  The great knitter and writer Elizabeth Zimmerman said, "Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit. And it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."  Smiley Wink

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 5 of 480
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

Krenee2525 Good Luck I will keep my fingers crossed for you and let us know when you hear something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boldilocks I can't tell you how many horror stories I read about people having a collection for 3-4 years ago suddenly pop up on their report at close. Also I'm sure you know this but I wanted to put the info out there from what I am hearing they pull your report even after you close but right before funding so you can't buy anything until you are living in the house ( some people are allowed to close but have to wait for the title to record and such). I have been buying plastic storage totes they are really cheap right now because of all the kids going back to college all the stores have them on sale. And when I am done (hopefully moving) I will have them to store things in the attic lol. Our stores around here all crush their boxes even the liquor store. I already have all the stuff in the closets in totes I am holding off on packing anything else. School starts next week so that will be both a blessing and a cruse. A blessing because it will keep me busy and curse because it's going to be really hard to Drive my daughter back and forth 50 miles to her school, go to school 50 miles back and froth full time myself, re-enroll my son in a new school and get him back and forth and move all at the same time lol! However the week or so before the move it will be a blessing because I will have something to do. Lol 

Message 6 of 480
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

So after asking my husband about a billion times to pack his side of the closet up and I understand why he didn't want to but we are talking about putting things in storage totes he hasn't touched in years, well I did it myself and it turned into a big ordeal. First I pack his side of the closet up, then I notice the closet needs vacuumed out so I vacuum the closet, then I think well I might as well clean the carpet, then realize I should do the whole room while I am at , so now I vacuum the whole room and realize it's dusty so I start dusting everything taking pictures off the wall, then clean the carpet and I think I better stop for the day lol I have other rooms to do today lol. And it all started with cleaning his side of the closet!

If we don't get the house at least the closets will be very organized Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 480
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

Yipes!  You sound like the cleaning version of the old lady who swallowed a fly today!  Smiley Very Happy

I'm trying to get motivated to do some more packing - my head says "pack", my heart says "knit".  So I'm online which is a happy medium, LOL.

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 8 of 480
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

Ha Ha Smiley Very Happy Boldilocks that's is just what it felt like couldn't have said it better myself! I'm just doing the closets nothing more I don't want to start packing up the house and have it come back denied by USDA I would really hope that isn't the case and can't foresee anything coming out of left field and smacking us in the head but you never know, and if it did I would be way to depressed to unpack anything and it would all stay packed forever lol!!! I'm sorry when did you say you think you might know something back from UW or did your LO not really say?

Message 9 of 480
honeybear1
New Contributor

Hi Lemontwist14... I've been following this board for a few weeks now, we are also in Ohio and getting (trying to anyways) a USDA loan. Ours in still in bank underwriting now, but we should hear something by Wednesday. 

Thanks for your up to date timeline. Its good to hear they are working on the July 29th apps- Hopefully it won't take the 3 weeks our LO has been telling us!

Message 10 of 480
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.