cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guaranteed Loan In The Hands Of The USDA Nothing To Do But Wait!

tag
Dreamnofleavn
Established Member

Re: Guaranteed Loan In The Hands Of The USDA Nothing To Do But Wait!

Cookie.. I am also going to be under the gun. Im supposed to close oct 18th and our usda center has been consistently behind 18 days.. so that also puts me at 2 days before closing also..lol. my landlord would also be understanding.. more so than me probably Smiley Wink. Everything I have been watchin n reading about the shutdown looks promising thou. I think we will be ok. I just told my boss that I would be taking two days off around mid to late October.. kinda vague but they were understanding after I told them about this whole process! Hang in there cookie.. hopefully this time next month we will be sitting in our houses wondering why we got so stressed over it!
Message 351 of 480
AFA

This whole process seems endless, we signed our contract on Oct 2012. Almost a year ago!!! We had our closing scheduled for 9/5/13 when the house would be finished, we had to send a letter requesting an extension to the seller(builder) but as of now, we don't know until when it was granted, the only thing we know is that they haven't sent any notice to cancel the agreement/contract. The seller told the sales representative that they'll wait since the lender has fully approved our file by underwriting, and that it will be most likely approved by USDA. Now we are not sure if the seller will hold the house enough for us another 4 weeks or so knowing that our file was turned over to USDA on 09/02/13 and USDA is currently reviewing files received on 08/12/13 to 08/18/13 !!! I was reading at USDA webpage that lenders submit files electronically by e-mail to USDA. Does the lender get the response from USDA by e-mail as well??

Stay positive and again sending all of you guys lots and lots of BEST WISHES!! ^_^

Message 352 of 480
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

If I was having to go through this process for almost a year I for sure would be in that white padded room by now!!  It has only been about a month for me and I am crazy!

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Message 353 of 480
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

Lemon - do you remeber whern you got your HUD-1 - it wasn't until really close to the time, right??  Closing is at 4pm, still haven;t seen ours...Smiley Frustrated

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 354 of 480
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

My realtor texted it to me a hour and a half before close the closing cost she told us to bring was double what we really needed the lo sent me a text 15 minutes before close with the exact amount
Sent to USDA on August 14th 2013 Approved September 5th CLOSED September 9th!!!!!
Message 355 of 480
done_renting
Established Member

So has anyone heard for certain yet on what is going to happen to those of us who are still waiting for USDA approval now that the government has went into shutdown?  I have been searching the internet all morning and can not find any reports that agree.  Some say they will stop issuing guarantees, others say that they will still keep working on them.  Honestly this is driving me crazy and the thought of losing the house we want is making me want to sit down and bawl like a baby!

Message 356 of 480
Rubiita17

We are in the same situation just going insane without any answers anywhere, ugh very overwhelming. We were supposed to close this week, now we dont know what will happen.

Message 357 of 480
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

From what I have see they will not issue new loans however I think they will complete loans already in progress (if your file was sent in and they did not reach your file yet you may be out of luck, if they were working only your file then it will most likely be finished up)

Sent to USDA on August 14th 2013 Approved September 5th CLOSED September 9th!!!!!
Message 358 of 480
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

I just called the TX hotline and it says they are closed.  Smiley Sad

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Message 359 of 480
AFA

Same here in Central FL, I called USDA and the recording said "For October 1st, I'm sorry but we are not at the office at this time, due to federal government funding. We will update everything once we return back to work. Thank you". Plop!!
Message 360 of 480
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.