cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guaranteed Loan In The Hands Of The USDA Nothing To Do But Wait!

tag
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

Re: Guaranteed Loan In The Hands Of The USDA Nothing To Do But Wait!

Congrats HoneyBear!!! Here's the thing it's really hard to tell if it will take them two week, three weeks, or even four weeks, because they may have gotten 50 files for the 29th or 150 and can be working on the 29th for 1 day or 5 and then they may not have anything until the 1st they don't do weekends (at least I don't think they do ) so when the date hits the weekend it will jump two days example they are working on July 26th (the current date is august 15th ) lets say they get through them all that day at the end of the day they will say they are working on July 29th all they really did was skip the weekend dates of Sat July 27th and Sunday date of July 28th. It seems like they are clicking along but it's going to be hard to tell until they get within a few days of your close date. Did your loan officer give you the Ohio USDA hotline number so you can keep track of what day they are on? It's just a recording. If not and you want it let me know. Keep us up to date as you progress through the process. Good Luck we are all here if you need anything and we will be keeping our fingers crossed for you!!

Sent to USDA on August 14th 2013 Approved September 5th CLOSED September 9th!!!!!
Message 11 of 480
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

Don't know about you guys but the weekends are just awful for me now that I am in wait mode because I know my file is just sitting there and nothing is getting done Smiley Sad . Hopefully we get some progress this week. Just curious is anyone going to be affected by the new boundary change October 1st? The home we are buying will still be within the USDA boundary even after October 1st. I wonder how jammed up USDA will be with people trying to hurry and but houses that will be out of bounds Oct 1st?

Sent to USDA on August 14th 2013 Approved September 5th CLOSED September 9th!!!!!
Message 12 of 480
honeybear1
New Contributor

Ours will be changing if the "future" lines are imposed. That's why we chose to go ahead and try to get it now. I wish it would stay the same, I came late to the game, and I hadn't realized we were part of the eligible area, this loan would be great for my brother as well, but we just (hopefully) will schooch in under the wire, and he doesn't have enough time.

(and this weekend has sucked....our file is just sitting on the bank underwriters desk... since last tues/weds. if she had been in the office Thurs/Fri-- we prob would have our answer by now)

Message 13 of 480
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

That's good that you knew about the lines changing and were able to get in on time. I didn't even know about it until someone posted a question. The waiting is always the worst however because my daughter has been dating our realtors son for the last 5 years and she worked in his moms office with our now loan officer everything has been rushed a bit for us and to date with the exception on a little hiccup with the VOE everything has gone pretty smooth just pray it stays that way. I really hope you hear something back today. Keep us posted Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 480
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

I am thinking instead of setting around waiting today I am going to make Dr appts for me and my son (he needs a Tdap booster for school and I need to start my hepatitis shots before I start clinicals again) then it's off to the zoo for a day of forgetting all of this if only for a day! What will you all be doing?

Message 15 of 480
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

OK, it's Monday, it's 9.10am - let the flow of information begin!!

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 16 of 480
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

That's a good idea actually - I should get on with scheduling my daughters' medical and dental check-ups that they'll need for school.

Other than that, they're here to replace the landlord's furnace that was damaged in the flood, so I'll be here all day probably.

When I say replace, I mean fix - they just told me that they're repairing the existing 60 year old furnace that was in 4ft of water.  The State gave out checks for new furnaces - so she gets it "fixed" instead of replaced and pockets the rest... nice.

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 17 of 480
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like a typical landlord. About 3 years ago a UPS truck backed into the front of my apt leaving a pretty good sized area of brick smashed in. The insurance check was mailed to me for some reason, over $5000. I turned in the check to the apt office. Guess what... no repairs were ever done.

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 18 of 480
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

That's awful I would think if I had a rent house or apartment building I would realize it's a investment and want to take care of it. I mean having the furnace replaced or the brick repaired is huge it's not the same as changing the carpet ect those are both really major things!

Well I made our appointments and it's already starting to pick up tomorrow I will go in to get my first of 3 shots and then straight to a meeting at my daughters school so it will be getting busy Saturday is my first day back to school and I have to take my son in Monday for his booster before school starts for him and my daughter on Tuesday so from here on out it's going to be rush, rush ,rush hopefully it will help with the waiting.

So have any of you heard anything back yet today?????

Message 19 of 480
honeybear1
New Contributor

Nothing on my side... annnnd its past 5, so nothing today... hopefully tomorrow. I just need to hear something, ANYTHING!.... its driving me crazy...  even though my thinking is that no news is good news, then the nay-sayer part of my brain (and my husband lol) is saying... its sitting on her desk. Still. I would hope they wouldn't drag it out, just to say no. 

Message 20 of 480
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.