Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guaranteed usda question

tag
Davis9508
Contributor

Guaranteed usda question

Hey guys. I’ve been ore approved for a USDA guaranteed Loan and I finally (after a close call in which I almost settled) found the house I really want. I’m the area that I really want. It’s a great price. My question is does the USDA care about bedrooms? He house technically is a 1 bedroom because one room doesn’t have a closet. When the bathroom was redone it took the closet. The room is still plenty big enough to build one if needed. Does the USDA care that I’m trying to buy a house that’s considered a 1 bedroom (even though it’s not) for myself and my daughter to live in?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Re: Guaranteed usda question

Are there any comparable one bedroom properties that have sold recently that support that value?

This problem may not be with the USDA as much as with your Lender as there must be similar homes of that value in the area in order to prove the property is sufficient colateral for your loan, USDA, VA, FHA, FNMA or Freddie Mac.  

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 2 of 4
Davis9508
Contributor

I'm not sure. My realtor said she doesn't believe it will be any problem for the house to appraise at the purchase price,  She did mention it to my lender but nothing else was ever said. I guess it's just a wait and see situation... which I am not great at lol 

Message 3 of 4
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Ask your agent to provide you with a list of comparable one bedroom homes that have sold in the area.   If your buyer's agent doesn't have any,  ask him or her to reach out to the list agent to find some for you.   

Good Agents will often have already done this because this is how they know how to price a listing in the first place....unless of course, neither one of them wants to work and they are simply happy allowing YOU to take ALL the RISK by spending your DUE DILIGENCE FEE along with an APPRAISAL FEE to find out.   If you are ok with that (and you shouldn't) then by all means, it's only MONEY.   

Of course it's your money though and while they should care, you might find out that they don't care and if you're going to find out they don't care, you might want to do that first.

Just my $.02

....and of course, my dumb looks are always free!

Please, try the veal, and remember to tip your servers.

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.