cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guarantor for apartment has low income? how to...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guarantor for apartment has low income? how to...

I'm moving to NYC in March! I will be making about $6200 a month that will be proveable income and then I have a side web design business. Anyhow, my credit is low, but is on the verge of building back strong. I have recent lates, I do have a judgement from an apartment from 4 years ago! It is paid and satisfied, it was not a direct eviction it was a roommate situation. Anyhow, it's there and it is old!

My mom has decent credit, her score is a 660, but her income is only $1000.00 a month. The apartment i'm renting is $1800 a month, I can afford it.

How would this work out or what are my options

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Guarantor for apartment has low income? how to...

Contact landlord or leasing office to see what the income restrictions are, sometimes the may just require you to put down a larger deposit with guarantor. I refused to rent from a place that made me have a cosigner or anything granted I did not have any judgements. Best thing to do is explain your situation your income is more than 3x what rent is which what the threshold is so I would imagine if you absolutely HAD to have a Guarantor it would just be for credit score reasons. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.