Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HARP success finally!!!

tag
Razor_Poke
Established Member

HARP success finally!!!

It took almost 6 months, but we closed yesterday on our HARP refi.  Although I went back to a 30 year note, we'll still save almost $40,000 in interest even if we go full term.  Payment savings per month = $276.  Went from 6.75 % to 4% !!!

This was offered to existing customers of Indymac (OneWest).  No closing costs other than the normal funding of interim interest and escrow.  No appraisal, no minimum score. 

The issue was they got really backed up on these things and our second belongs to Greentree which absolutely drags their feet on subordination requests.

Glad it's over and very happy the fed's decided to help us folks who were not behind or otherwise distressed -- just upside down.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: HARP success finally!!!

I know exactly how you feel!  Did a HARP refi through Chase.  I never dreamed they'd do that...what was the incentive, ya know?  But yeah...went from 6.65 to 4.0!  I have already put nearly half as much toward my principal since last August. as I did from spring 07 to aug. 2012.  Crazy, huh?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.