cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HEEELP!! Unauthorized credit check while being approved!!

tag
blahblahblaj

HEEELP!! Unauthorized credit check while being approved!!

Im am so FLOORED right now all I want to do is drive to these peoples office and beat the living $hit out of whoever did this! 

I began working on my credit 18 months ago when I realized I could never secure a mortgage with 535 credit score so thats what I did and very successfully for that matter! We applied for a home loan and were laughed at when my score was 535 (middle XPN) and fast forward to today after reading a TON on these boards and applying what Ive learned I got it up to 665 XPN, 706 TU, and 727 EFX. So we saved up enough money for the 20% down payment and finally felt comfortable enough to go get pre-approved!

Rewind to the 1st of Jan. pulled my scores from myfico.com, annualcreditreport.com paid scores and some other Fakos like CK, I was above 700 middle no matter where I pulled them. All the sudden I get a call on the 11th from a debt collector about a $200 jewelry debt from 2003 which has obviously fallen off of my credit since, the woman was the WORST most unprofessional person Ive ever talked to in my life concerning financial matters I got pissed, laughed and told her, "Screw off lady! This is not even on my credit and you'll never get this paid so quit calling me until you learn some manners!!" OH BOY she did not like that! She immediately started yelling and screaming calling me a scumbag and some other offensive names so I just hung up and thought nothing about it until today when my scores were pulled at the mortgage office!

...."Huh, thats odd! Someone pulled your credit on the 11th"    WHHAAAAAT!!!!! UNBELEIVABLE!!! These dirtbag low-life POS scumbags are trying to ruin my credit illegally?!!! Now we have found a home, were pre-approved for it and if we go into closing with these dirtbags screwing around with my credit they will RUIN it for us! My middle score went from 704 to 696 after they ILLEGALLY RAN MY CREDIT!! Im Freaking out right now!

What can or should I do?? Our guy told me to leave it alone and hopefully they stop at the credit check, then persue the matter after closing. He said if I call them they may attempt to put some other crap on my report and ruin it since they will know they got my attention. Any advice? What can I do!?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
blahblahblaj

Re: HEEELP!! Unauthorized credit check while being approved!!

The credit check came up as "COLLECTION SERVICES" inquiry.

Message 2 of 10
Blackhawks_girl30
Contributor

If they own your debt I believe it is actually legal for them to pull your credit. The reporting period is just the time they are allowed to report the negative item but does not stop them from trying to collect. There were a few threads in the rebuding section about this when I was rebuilding.
Message 3 of 10
Blackhawks_girl30
Contributor

Also..did you opt out prior to applying for your mortgage?
Message 4 of 10
blahblahblaj

THEY REPORTED TO MY CREDIT THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **bleep**??!!!!!!!! My credit monitoring had an alert and said there was a collection/delinquent account added 1/27/13! I cannot read the specifics until the first when my monthly goes through. WHAT DO I DO!? THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO RIGHT!! This is an account over 10 years old!!!!

Message 5 of 10
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@blahblahblaj wrote:

THEY REPORTED TO MY CREDIT THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **bleep**??!!!!!!!! My credit monitoring had an alert and said there was a collection/delinquent account added 1/27/13! I cannot read the specifics until the first when my monthly goes through. WHAT DO I DO!? THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO RIGHT!! This is an account over 10 years old!!!!

What do you mean "until your monthly goes thru"? Monthly what?

You should be able to pull a full credit report and see what it says, just pay the $10. If the original account really is 10 years old, then you should be able to dispute it with the credit bureaus and they will remove it, though it may still cause a bit of trouble until it's resolved since you're in the middle of getting a mortgage.

Message 6 of 10
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Yes, if they pull your credit right before closing, which many lenders do, that new collection could derail you from closing on the mortgage. This is very serious and must be taken care of as soon as possible. They usually make you wait a year after the first reporting date of the collection to get mortgage approval.

Another thing that you said is your score dropped to 696 from the inquiry and now with the new collection, it could have dropped up to 50 pts or more so you need to buy your fico credit scores ASAP to make sure that your score still qualifies.

OMG, this is so devastating! I'm so sorry. Don't wait not one min on trying to get this taken care of.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 7 of 10
blahblahblaj

Ok I just pulled my scores and updated the reports and it looks as if it was just an update from the only negative I own that Ive been dealing with. I guess I just freaked out before confirming things. Buying a home is stressfull! The negative is a medical collection from 2006 but the dates are inacurate. The account should be long gone but they reported almost a full year late to begin with. My TU states it is expected to fall off  2/2013 but I disputed it anyway for innacuracies yesterday to be sure if for some reason it did not fall off automatically. We also decided to slow down a little and look at some more homes before submitting an offer on the first home we sort of like. Mortgage guy sais the pre-approval is good for about 60 days anyway so we have a little time. 

Message 8 of 10
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Make sure the dispute comment comes off reports.

You will not be approved while any accounts on your Credit Report has Disputes remarks. Also once the Dispute is removed it can impact your scores, sometimes a negative impact and sometimes a positive impact, and sometimes no impact at all. But the remark must be removed from Credit Reports.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 9 of 10
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

@blahblahblaj wrote:

Ok I just pulled my scores and updated the reports and it looks as if it was just an update from the only negative I own that Ive been dealing with. I guess I just freaked out before confirming things. Buying a home is stressfull! The negative is a medical collection from 2006 but the dates are inacurate. The account should be long gone but they reported almost a full year late to begin with. My TU states it is expected to fall off  2/2013 but I disputed it anyway for innacuracies yesterday to be sure if for some reason it did not fall off automatically. We also decided to slow down a little and look at some more homes before submitting an offer on the first home we sort of like. Mortgage guy sais the pre-approval is good for about 60 days anyway so we have a little time. 

That's wonderful news!!! I am so glad to hear a new collection wasn't added to your credit report.  As JM-AM said, you need to make sure there are no disputes on your credit report when your file goes into underwriting.  Best of luck on finding your new house! :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.