Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELOC question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELOC question

We are looking into a HELOC at our credit union. The branch manager told me they only pull TU for HELOCS. I was kind of surprised. I thought all banks pulled a tri merge for mortgage loans. I know they only pulled our TU for our auto loan, but wondering if he might be mistaken on what they pull for the HELOC?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: HELOC question

@Anonymous wrote:

We are looking into a HELOC at our credit union. The branch manager told me they only pull TU for HELOCS. I was kind of surprised. I thought all banks pulled a tri merge for mortgage loans. I know they only pulled our TU for our auto loan, but wondering if he might be mistaken on what they pull for the HELOC?

The standard tri-merge scores are pulled for loans that will be sold to the GSEs (required) or otherwise bundled and transferred (not required, but 99.9% will).

If they are keeping the loan in-house (common for HELOCs, less common for HELs or 1st mortgages), they are free to pull whatever they want in terms of CRA and score.

The last HELOC I opened was just a single EX pull (still "mortgage FICO", EXv2 score).

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.