Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELOC reporting to CRA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELOC reporting to CRA

Hi, wonder if anyone can help?  I've had a HELOC with B of A for five years, never been late, only once went over my limit (it was a mistake on my part, and I correctedit  less than twenty four hours later).  I recently looked at my credit report and noticed that my "balance" was higher than my credit limit.  Even weirder, it was higher than my "high balance"!  My HELOC is close to the limit, so when they report it like that, it makes it look as if I am overdrawn, which I am not!  Went round and round with B of A trying to figure out how they got the balance figure, and finally, three letters later, they admitted they were reporting "Payoff balance" which includes principal PLUS interest.  Of course I'm going to dispute with TU but I'm worried this is some sort of new policy with B of A, and if so, I may have a hell of a time fighting it unless other people have been affected.  How about it--anyone out there have a HELOC with B of A (or any other bank) and had a credit pull lately?  Please let me know if the same thing happened to you.  We should be screaming class action lawsuit!  Thanks for any help you can give me.  Even moral support would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: HELOC reporting to CRA

My BofA, formerly Countrywide, HELOC reports perfectly $29,701 out of $30,000 avail. It does consistently report as revolving now on all 3 CRA.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.