cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! CAN'T CLAIM TAX CREDIT UNTIL 2011!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP! CAN'T CLAIM TAX CREDIT UNTIL 2011!!!

Thanks didn't look at it that way about next year maybe being able to efile next year. That would be nice. I'm not really big on buying things off the internet,but luckily I live in the midwest and things aren't as expensive here as in other places. By the way I heard someone use the term house poor the other day, What does that mean? and how will this mortgage effect my credit score and for how long?

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

house poor means that when you add up all of the expenses of owning (utilities, mortgage, upkeep), you feel like you have no money left.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.Maybe I am wrong but if you have children and have supported them while separated for 2009 you can claim head of household and receive the full credit. Were you separated for all of 2009?

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes we've been separated for three yrs. and fortunately I never had any children with him.(lol) That's the one smart thing I did do. My first mind was to get a legal separation but was told by an attorney it was not needed because we didn't have children or any real property together,she said just don't sign anymore documents with him which I haven't. Since I didn't divorce him right away it still would have been worth it to get the legal separation filed,it would have saved me a lot of trouble now.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=105098,00.html

Read this, then go onto your state website and look up what being legally separated means.  I think being apart for 3 years and a divorce fixing to be finalized means you are legally separated. Don't take my word for it, but dig a little deeper, it couldn't hurt! ; )

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, Thanks for the info. If I get to file legally separated I wonder if I would be able to go ahead and receive the full tax credit for 2009? I'll check and post back. If anyone knows the answer please feel free to post back.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.