Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! Closing will never come!

tag
elizabethysmom
Established Member

HELP!!! Closing will never come!

We are in the middle of a home buying nightmare!  We were scheduled to close on May 15th - as far as we knew everything was in order.  That day we were told there was a delay and that our closing costs were going to be 2K over what we were quoted.  When we asked why the lender blamed the title company for outrageous fees.  We talked them down $600 less and paid what was $1400 over our original budget.  Every day after that we waited patiently to hear word (meanwhile we have moved out of the home we were renting and now live with my parents).  This past Thursday the 21st the lender e-mailed to let me know that we were funded, I asked if we would close on Friday and she said she didn't see why not.  By the end of day Friday we had not heard from our realtor or anyone else.  My husband called him and he said the title company hired an out of town courier so it would be delayed until Tuesday because of the holiday.  He said he would give us the keys on Saturday and we could sign a waiver.  On Saturday he gave us just the keys to the back gate so we could clean up the yard which the selling bank has allowed to over grow.  Now it's Tuesday 4:42pm.  My husband called the realtor who said he is trying to get in touch with the title company.  We are obviously not getting our keys today.  It feels like we will never get our keys.  What can we do? I don't understand what we are being told.  We are connected to this realtor for at least another month because his son in law is our contractor for a 203k loan we have for improvements to the house - I don't want to tick him off and delay our renovations since technically he has 6 months to get them done.  He has us by the cohones and I honestly don't know what to do but I feel like I'm at the end of my rope with this transaction.  HELP!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP!!! Closing will never come!

It's not likely the realtors fault.  It probably has something to do with title and getting everything recorded.  Also, always exxpect delays when you are dealing with a holiday weekend.  If the loan is funded and they were willing to release the back yard keys, I would not get too worked up.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.