cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Monthly CC payment lowered my fico in the middle of underwriting process!

tag
Thexy1
Established Member

Re: HELP! Monthly CC payment lowered my fico in the middle of underwriting process!

Don't forget to let us know how it goes!

Message 11 of 15
Shannon3671
New Contributor

Re: HELP! Monthly CC payment lowered my fico in the middle of underwriting process!

*Update* USDA would not approve the loan as the mortgage company decided to go back 3 years for any late payments so actually had to switch the loan to FHA. New close date is this Friday. All conditions required to close were finally sent to the underwritter today as a previous employer took forever to return the VOE letter required since at the time of the application I'd only been with my present employer 21 months. Appraisal came back at $12 over purchase price with no improvements needing to be done. Now just waiting to get the clear to close and still a nervous wreck because of Equifax dinging my score for the balance decrease that resulted from making my minimum monthly payment. Oddly enough, I had purchased my Transunion report and it was showing much higher than my Equifax when it had been lower so perhaps this middle score will replace the other and if they pull everything will still be okay. Can't wait to be done with this!

Message 12 of 15
notfancy
Valued Contributor

How many credit cards do you have? What balances do  you have on each and what are the limits on each?

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 13 of 15
Shannon3671
New Contributor

3 credit cards. Mieneke ...$400 limit/$0 balance. Credit One. ..$500 limit/ $30 balance (that's the one that brought my fico down when the payment posted) and a Capital One...$500 limit/ $68 balance.
Message 14 of 15
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@Shannon3671 wrote:
3 credit cards. Mieneke ...$400 limit/$0 balance. Credit One. ..$500 limit/ $30 balance (that's the one that brought my fico down when the payment posted) and a Capital One...$500 limit/ $68 balance.

Weird how that happened. I wonder if you got rebucketed some how because of account age or something. For best scoring, pay that one off completely and let the Cap One report the $68 if you can, or leave that one alone since it already reported, and pay the Cap One account off completely if it hasn't reported yet.

Did your accounts reach any age milestones? Like 2 years or anything?

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.