cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP...can't put in offer until we have approval! Auction on 11/18!!!

tag
tlavery
Contributor

Re: HELP...can't put in offer until we have approval! Auction on 11/18!!!

Well, I got all my letters for my husband's 4 deletes and am still waiting for the student loan that is a duplicate. IF we get 40-50 that will get us in line for Wachovia again!! CROSS YOUR FINGERS! I also have a delete on my credit that I will have the letter for in the morning, so my lowest score will be much better too! Smiley Happy
Message 31 of 154
demi
Established Contributor

Just want to verify....Wachovia was discussed with me when I first talked to a loan person...they had not asked my income at that point.  As they were discussing it, I realized it was a grant, and I asked is there a limit on income....somewhere around 66,000, So I don't qualify.  I just wanted to make sure you were aware of this...or if I am incorrect, I would love to know.   Good luck !!!

Oh, and yes Shane, that was one of two pancake houses we used to go to !!!

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 32 of 154
tlavery
Contributor

You are right.......there is a limit on income. I believe it is 80% of the median income for our area. I forget what source they use to get that median income, but we are well within the income guidelines. Smiley Happy
Message 33 of 154
tlavery
Contributor

Today we had the termite inspector out to see the house. He found a problem with the toilet and a lot of dry rot in the eves and fascia boards which were both section 1. He said that a ballpark number that it might cost to repair the section 1 items was about $1700.

We also had the appraiser out to the house. He said that it will appraise around $220k with no problem. There were something like 5 recent comps that were the exact floor plan, so they are a great comparison. We will hopefully have the full appraisal tomorrow and see what he came up with.

Next we will sign all the loan docs either tomorrow or this weekend. Then loan officer one will submit the loan package to the underwriter on Tuesday. Who knows when we will get our answer, but I'm guessing that Thursday evening will be the latest.

We have an appointment set with a home inspector for the morning of the 16th so that we can get that done before we actually sit down and write the offer. He said he would do whatever he could to inspect the house sooner if the approval is received before Friday. That way we will have ALL the information that we need to make an informed decision and choose the appropriate price to offer. Right now we are planning on having a full price offer, asking for all section 1 to be cleared, and 3% back towards closing costs. When we sign all the loan docs I will sit down and go over the good faith estimate and make sure that the 3% will cover the estimated closing costs.

I just don't know HOW people do this! OMG the stress is unbelievable! I just hope that it ALL pays off!
Message 34 of 154
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Median income limits for counties can be found at https://www.efanniemae.com/sf/refmaterials/hudmedinc/index.jsp.

I hope the rest of the way goes smoothly for you tlavery.

I can smell the buckwheat pancakes now... mmmmm....
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 35 of 154
tlavery
Contributor

THANKS Shane! It has been stressful, but if everything works out in the end it will be worth it!
Message 36 of 154
tlavery
Contributor

Today I faxed over all my dispute letters to Transunion and Equifax after opening disputes on all the related accounts. I wasn't able to get a hold of ANYONE at Experian! WHAT THE HECK?! I haven't been able to get a hold of a live person! I called TA Ross and she said that they get a daily electronic report of all the disputes against their accounts. She said that since I put in the dispute today that it will probably show up on Monday's report. She was kind enough to agree to let me know once they take care of it!

I have a call in to CB of Merchant Services to see what they can do to help me with Experian since I can't get a hold of a live person OR fax in my letter! IT'S BS! I did call some of the numbers listed on another thread and left voice mails for a couple of people BEGGING for help.......but MY GOD that is ridiculous! I thought that the law said that they couldn't cause harm?! If we can't get this corrected in time it WILL cause harm. At least that is the way it was explained to me by my loan officer.
Message 37 of 154
tlavery
Contributor

Here is the latest update:

We finally actually meet the loan officer face to face last night to sign all the loan application papers. He gave me a copy of a credit report that he had run yesterday. The largest collection has been deleted already. That caused his Equifax number to jump from 579 to 601 and his Transunion went from 528 to 538. The Transunion number hasn't changed for some reason. So we still have 3 other collections that will be deleted and the duplicate student loan as well. Once all of the things have dropped off I will try with Wachovia again and see if we can take advantage of the $25,000!

The loan officer had a Dr. appointment right near the office where the underwriter is so he dropped off the file instead of using transbox, SO our file was FIRST IN LINE today! I HOPE that we will get an answer today, but if not I would think it would be tomorrow morning at the latest. We will see.

Once we get the call with the approval we can confirm the home inspection appointment for Thursday morning. After that it's time to FINALLY turn in the offer. It's written up already, so we are just in a waiting pattern right now.
Message 38 of 154
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Fingers are crossed for you!
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 39 of 154
demi
Established Contributor

Waiting to hear --- hope all is going well.  We are almost neighbors, house I am buying (hopefully, still going thru the loan) is in Lincoln....we can have a work party !

Keeping fingers crossed for you

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 40 of 154
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.