Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOME BUYER CREDIT

tag
nathan
Frequent Contributor

HOME BUYER CREDIT

I bought my home in oct 2009, and I was hoping to claim the credit on my 2009 return. I just noticed that I can't efile with turbo tax, but will have to mail my return. I am due a normal refund and I have heard the home credit can take up to 6 months to get. I want my regular refund now. Can I just do my regular return with turbo tax disregarding the home credit, and then do an amendment after getting my regular refund. I do not want my regular refund to be delayed because of the home credit attached to them. I know I can get my regular refund in eight days through efile. Any advice would be appreciated. Do I still have the option to amend my 2008 taxes to claim the credit?
Message Edited by nathan on 01-31-2010 08:13 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gpeach
Regular Contributor

Re: HOME BUYER CREDIT

Yes you can do that. Ammend your 2008 and do your 2009 taxes normal efile. One thing you may want to consider is sending extra stuff with your return. At minimum your HUD-1. I found this link on the ammended board and sent extra stuff. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f886hfth.pdf
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.