Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOME INSPECTION QUESTION

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HOME INSPECTION QUESTION

Oh, radon was not included. I'm sure that would have increased the cost significantly.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are in Kansas and our home inspection, including the termite/pest, was $230; I am not sure if it's based on sq. ft. as my realtor set it up for us.  And as previous posters have said, we easily recouped the cost of that even with the mostly minor repairs needed.  Our seller refused to do some of the seemingly insignificant things we requested, but overall I think the inspection was well worth it.  It can certainly give you a chance to negotiate.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My inspection was less than $300 and I got over $4000 worth of repairs covered by the seller because of it.  Definitely worth it in my case.  Worst case, they find absolutely nothing wrong and you can sleep that much better at night Smiley Happy  And if you skip this step, you'll likely face issues when it comes time to sell and the buyer brings their inspector through.  You may find yourself coming up with bucks to cover surprises to prevent the deal from falling through.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@miz wrote:
I was told this would cost $450!!!  How many people actually have a home inspection before they buy a property? 

I'm in NJ and mine was $400 which included the termite. A friend of mine's costs about $490, but her's included randon testing.

*on my knees begging* Pleeease do not purchase a home without getting a home inspection. It sounds like a lot of money, but it will be the Best 450 bucks you've ever spent!!

Message Edited by -RazziTammi- on 08-12-2009 08:29 AM
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my home inspection done yesterday. It was $275 and the WDO/pest was $95. I had some quotes as high as in the $500 for the inspection alone. I just received my report and there aren't major repairs since the house is only 6 years new, but I'm still glad I had it done for my piece of mind.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.