Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP with dispute pending

tag
apehar24
Established Member

HP with dispute pending

I didn't know where to put this, so I'm placing it here because I am hoping to get a mortgage in 4-6 months. Question, I'm looking to join a credit union. I currantly placed a dispute for an item to be updated on my credit report. That's suppose to be resolved in about 20 days. Of course I know that it could get resolved sooner...hopefully... but I'm not wanting to wait that long. The credit union said that they will do a HP from EX, which of course is where the dispute is. Should I wait til the dispute is finished or can I just go ahead now?? I asked the lady at the credit union, and she said it wouldn't be a problem since I'm not applying for credit or anything. She also stated that my score and the TL are not really going to matter since I'll just be opening a savings account. BUT I just don't trust that lol. Thoughts ???

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HP with dispute pending

So how come you can't wait 20 days?

Message 2 of 8
apehar24
Established Member

ummmm... cause I'd rather have a HP done now rather than later. At least have a few months before mortgage lenders start pulling. The more time between inquiries the better.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

And the bureau advised ya they would remove the dispute, or is that just what you're thinkin?  Disputes and mortgages are bad, it can cause all kinds of headaches (do a search on that).  I guess what I'm askin have they rendered a decision on that, or are they still checkin into it?

I wouldn't worry about the IQ, they're overated.

Message 4 of 8
apehar24
Established Member

No. I said it's being updated.....NOT deleted. It's nothing major. Sorry if I was unclear. Just wondering ...  has anyone had a HP while something was still in dispute? Did it have an effect?

Message 5 of 8
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...it does matter ...but its up to you whether it matters enough to not open the account ...the dispute itself won't affect the CU membership, its just a background verification to them ...dumb, dumb, dumb on their part but what can you do other than find a different CU?

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 6 of 8
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

OP, you shouldn't worry about. The CU is correct, if you aren't applying for a mortgage, the dispute is a non-issue.

Now, you want to make sure the dispute is resolved and comment removed BEFORE you apply for the mortgage.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 7 of 8
apehar24
Established Member

Thanks Lemmus, that's pretty much what I thought. Also thanks frugalQ. I definitely know that I want to make sure there's no disputes going on when I apply for my mortgage. Thanks for the reminder.  Smiley Happy   For you BamaGuy, inquiries normally won't drop your score by much but if you have a lot in a short amount of time, can look risky to lenders...unless you're shopping for mortgage, car, or student loans. Here is a link from myFICO you should check out.    http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/creditchecks/inquiries.aspx

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.