Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC auto loan terms

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC auto loan terms

That's one of the problems. None only 1 dealer found a better rate. But that was the one who suggested the P&L. Plus they didn't wanna come down on the price of the car. My loan w/ HSBC is for $18.8K and the car that I wanted was $20K. Most of them want my trade, that would be a huge f-up on my part if did trade my car. I hate that I found the "perfect" car, but can't get it. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I trust me I have done A LOT of homework. I think I might wind up putting money w/my Turbo Check, in order to get what I want. I won't settle for less than what I want, as they keep trying to make me do. They make it seem as if Im asking for too much. I keep 2nd guessing myself, like maybe I am asking for too much. Then I re-think to myself...NOT!!!!
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message Edited by digitu on 08-25-2007 09:57 PM
Message 12 of 15
Clyons0203
Valued Member

If they approved you for 18.8k then (if you dont mind me asking) what is your gross income?

From what I have been told, your credit gets you approved, and your salary is what determines the loan amount.  And I was also told if you make 40k a year, expect your max loan amount to be half that (20k)

Anybody else heard something similar?
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

While gross salary is important, it is debt to income ratio that tells them what kind of payment you can swing. In other words if you gross $10,000 a month and your total monthly credit obligations are $9000 per month you won't even get a loan. They like 30% ratio or less. Over 50% and you would be hard pressed to get a loan at all, although it is possible.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure why you're asking. But I gross between $2600-$2800/month. I found another car, I scheduled a test drive for Friday morning. I hope I like it. It's missing 3 things I wanted: Fog lights, lower miles, 06' instead of 07'. My goal was an 07' Malibu LTZ w/10,000 miles or less, it has 19,000. But other than that it's everything I want. I figured I could save a few thousand $ by opting for the LT instead of the LTZ. I hope I like it, because Im excited!!!!
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.