Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HURRAY HURRAY - Refi Instant approved

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

HURRAY HURRAY - Refi Instant approved

Decided to pull trigger, one triple credit pull later, my application for home refinance was instantly approved!  Granted I still have to go through a number of hoops and documentation not to mention the appraisal but it should go through in the next 30 days!  HURRAY for me!!!Whitney loan initial approval.png

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: HURRAY HURRAY - Refi Instant approved

Not to burst any bubbles but this is probably jst an automate approval - it is the first step in the process but far from being a full approval

As you mentioned you have a lot of work ahead to complete - this is a good start

Good Luck the rest of the way

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 12
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I know.  Im pulling all the documents that they need.  It will be done.  This month or the next or maybe at most 6 months but it will be done Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
Valued Contributor

LOL hopefully not 6 months Smiley Tongue

By the title it sounds too easy -didnt want others to get the wrong impression

Good Luck - with automated approval you are about 90% sure it will happen

the only thing that could hold you back would be not providing the documentation to support what you put on the app

or an issue with the property 

Other than that you should be good

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 4 of 12
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I got under writing, loan officer and upper management involved before I applied.  (I started other topic here about lack of mortgage verification - the current mortgage is through family member).  So I already know what the issues are and I think we have come to terms with them.  Hopefully, the appraisal and all my documents will check out.

Message 5 of 12
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Here's hoping that you get this completed quickly and save some cash!  WOOHOO!

Message 6 of 12
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Looking like they want to stick me with 20 year fixed.  I was hoping for 30 year fixed and then paying extra when I could.  The note is going to be like $600/month more than the 30 year term.  If my credit card UTIL wasnt so high this wouldnt be an issue.  Id rather put that extra $600 towards paying down cc debt.

Message 7 of 12
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Nothing wrong with a 20 yr fixed. Run the numbers on a amortization schedule and see how much you will save in interest Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
Valued Contributor

I wouldnt allow them to push you into a 20 - there is no reason why you could qualify for a 20 yr term and not a 30

There are other banks - I would shop this before getting stuck with a payment that could be a problem if you hit a rough patch financially

I am like you take the 30 and pay more while you can

Brian

Message 9 of 12
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Doesn't hurt to shop. But running the amortization schedule on $250k at 4.5% there is only about $320/month difference and I ran it using the same interest rate.

Usually if you get a shorter term you can drop the rate a bit.

What rate did they quote you?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.