Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard and Fast Rules when applying

tag
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

Hard and Fast Rules when applying

I keep reading that lenders like to see 3 active tradelines open for at least a year when applying, is that always the case? I have exactly 3 active TLs (not counting SLs that are in deferment), two of them are credit cards that will be about 8-9 months old around the time I go to apply. Will that push back my timelines?

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Hard and Fast Rules when applying

Yup I think so.

Message 2 of 4
Kae_Aye
Valued Member

I spoke to a mortgage lender yesterday and mentioned I did not have credit cards and wondered if that would be a problem before I applied. He mentioned they they like to see 4 tradelines (discussed FHA). He did mention, though, that if needed we could use other monthly type payments to fill in (e.g., cell bill history, utilities bill).

Starting Score: 674 Apr 2013
Current FICO EQ Score: 706 Dec 12 2013
Current FAKO TU Score: 699 Dec 3 2013 from CreditKarma
Goal Score: 750

Message 3 of 4
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

Whew...all hope is not lost! Thanks

@Kae_Aye wrote:

I spoke to a mortgage lender yesterday and mentioned I did not have credit cards and wondered if that would be a problem before I applied. He mentioned they they like to see 4 tradelines (discussed FHA). He did mention, though, that if needed we could use other monthly type payments to fill in (e.g., cell bill history, utilities bill).

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.