cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard for me to get pre approved for mortgage, and i dont know why...

tag
veryh2o
Valued Member

Hard for me to get pre approved for mortgage, and i dont know why...

Hi there, need help and advice.

I have been working in Indonesia for almost 12 years.  Since IRS stated that no need to pay taxes if i earn less than $80k/year in a foreign soil, i never bothered to files taxes.  I am trying to get a property sometimes this year, maybe down payment for 50% and get a mortgage around $200k - $300k.  i would like to get a pre approved credit.  My Fico scores are EX: 773, EQ:779.  Email to several mortgage brokers but all of them ignored me.  Is it impossible for me to get a mortgage or something?  Can anyone explain why the brokers are ignoring me?

I am not in the states but is going back to states around mid march.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Re: Hard for me to get pre approved for mortgage, and i dont know why...

Where will you work when you come back? That may be one big issue. I don't know how that fits in with being out of the country all these years. Hopefully, one of the experts will chime in and give you some answers or at least some hope.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 2 of 6
veryh2o
Valued Member

Hi, i will be in the states for 3 months and come back to work at Indonesia. 
Message 3 of 6
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

So, you are coming to buy a house and leave again? What will the house be for? Who will live there? How will the mortgage get paid?

Kathy

Message 4 of 6
veryh2o
Valued Member

Well, I dont think i can get a job in the states now, so i had to come back to Indo and work.  It will be my first house and i am plan to live there when i do come back to the states in the near future.  While i am away, i am thinking about renting out the place?  

I am going to inherit a property when i go back to states this time.  Should i inherit the property first or buy the property?  The property that i am planning to buy will have more value than the inherit property.  I know this is another question, but...

Any other suggestions? 

Message 5 of 6
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Well, this will be considered an investment property then and the rules are different than buying a home to live in. With 50% down, it just might work out.

I am not very knowledgeable of investment properties, so will leave it here. Hopefully, someone will chime in with more info.

Kathy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.