cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone been asked for 2012 taxes AND they owed money?

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Has anyone been asked for 2012 taxes AND they owed money?

We were asked for 2012 taxes which have been filed and paid but I just read thing on another website...

"So we filed our taxes and now the underwriter is requesting the transcripts from 2012 as well in order to give the clear to close. The issue with this is that my husband is self employed and the IRS tax payer advocate said that returns with a balance due wont even get touched until June. Even though we paid what was owed, because there isn’t a refund due it goes to the back of the line."

Is this true that the IRS does not review taxes with a balance due until June? Anyone experienced this?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone been asked for 2012 taxes AND they owed money?

Anyone?
Message 2 of 33
whodatnation2
Regular Contributor

I requested them to be sent to me and I received them. I got them about 1 week after I requested them. I also owed money, I hope those are what the broker needs. I just had them sent to me to see if they were ready.

Starting Score: EQ 564, TU 560
Current Score: EQ 724, TU 770, EX 789
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 33
violetsmom
Regular Contributor

We owed for 2012 and all I needed to provide were w2s and copy of 1040 I pulled right from turbo tax. I think it gets sticky when self employed is all
Message 4 of 33
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

They wanted all my 2012 docs, but I didnt have to file.

Message 5 of 33
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Which would be us (self employed). :/

We e-filed our taxes on 03/24 and mailed out a check which shows deposited by the IRS on 04/01 so hopefully if the lender requests transcripts directly from the IRS, they will be in the system already.
Message 6 of 33
katiedk

I am going through the same problem and it is a nightmare!  The IRS lost my 2011 return, and I just found out about this as I am trying to close on a house.  My closing has already been pushed back 2 weeks, but now it looks like it will be pushed back again.  I e-filed on 4/13, and the 2012 return was "accepted" on 4/14.  Now because I owed money (which I have already paid to the IRS), I have been told that it won't be looked at until at least May 15.  

Message 7 of 33
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

That's nuts...I hate these things that you have absolutely no control over. Is there anyway to expedite it...what are they saying?

I wonder if the May 15th date they told you is becuase you filed around 4/14 (so 1 month lead time) or if it's May 15th for everyone who owed, no matter when it was filed. Like I said earlier, we e-filed 3/24, so 1 month would be ok but if its May 15th for everyone, then that could be a problem for us.
Message 8 of 33
fdiggy
New Contributor

I was just denied because 2012 transcripts arent available. I owe them $8,000. Are you saying if i paid this it would post faster? 

Not that i have the money and closing but at least i can look into that. I efiled mine Jan 30th. But it is not processed yet.

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: EX-FICO701 EQ-FICO644 TU-FICO724 all lender pulls April 2nd 2013
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 33
katiedk

From what I understand, if the IRS owes you money, your return will get processed faster.  The IRS (from what I was told) won't even begin to look at those who owe until mid-May.  Who knows though, because I get a different story with each IRS rep I speak with.

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.