cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone been asked for 2012 taxes AND they owed money?

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone been asked for 2012 taxes AND they owed money?

Is it possible to call the IRS and see if they the taxes have been processed already?

Message 11 of 33
fdiggy
New Contributor

I just did that today and was told they havent started doing returns that owed. 

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: EX-FICO701 EQ-FICO644 TU-FICO724 all lender pulls April 2nd 2013
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 33
fdiggy
New Contributor

See what they are doing, punishing those who didnt make quarterly payments and overpaid like employees are forced to do.

Doncha just loveit. House blocked by the man!

Message 13 of 33
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Damn damn damn...just checked online and got this...

So they definitely do not have these. **bleep** are we supposed to do? We are not supposed to close until June 6th but we obviously need to be qualifying well before then.

Message 14 of 33
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@fdiggy wrote:

See what they are doing, punishing those who didnt make quarterly payments and overpaid like employees are forced to do.

Doncha just loveit. House blocked by the man!

We actually do make quarterly payments, we just owed a little bit because our 2012 income was a little higher than 2011 (estimated quarterly payments were based on 2011 income).

Message 15 of 33
fdiggy
New Contributor

I was set to close Monday. I had a container coming tomorrow for shipping my belongings and had boxed much stuff up already. Now i get to reverse move and stay here where im miserable sick of Oregon rain until the IR$ get around to my return. I will certainly lose the house i already have everything else approved on. I have even paid a deposit to have a fence comany putting in $6,000 fence.

The B1tch of this is lenders should know this. How can they not know how it works. I think they did know thats why i paid for appraisal before loan app was even submitted.

Keeping cash flowing for everyone.

Message 16 of 33
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

I'm on hold with the IRS now..."We estimate your wait time to be greater than 15 minutes"...

I don't know what I expect them to say, both the automated system and the online system said that 2012 tax transcripts are not available. Maybe they can at least give me a time frame or something. 

I have a feeling we are going to have a big problem with this. Someone in our new community who is also self employed had their closing delayed a lot from what I heard and they were also self employed, I heard it was something to do with their taxes and now that I think about it, it was probably this exact issue. They were able to close finally though about a month ago so somehow it got worked out.

Message 17 of 33
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

IRS lady said that they did receive our taxes and payment, the payment has posted but the taxes have no yet been processed. She said it usually takes 21 business days but they are using a new system this year and it's taking longer and to basically follow back up on Monday and that nothing else can be done. The up side is that we do have 6 weeks from today until we are closing so hopefully these taxes get processed in the new few weeks. Man talk about a curveball when you didn't expect it.

Message 18 of 33
fdiggy
New Contributor

Mine were accepted Jan 30th, still unprocessed.

So its taking longer than 21 days.

Message 19 of 33
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

I am now on hold to talk to the business tax department and see if they processed our business taxes, which has the same information as the personal ones. Maybe if the business ones are processed the lender will accept those.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.