cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone closed under FHA Back to work program?

tag
magiteck
Established Member

Re: Has anyone closed under FHA Back to work program?

BeingHopeful,

I received my GFE at the time I wrote my application... So for my lender at least it didn't mean anything regarding approval status.

Hopefully they hurry up with an approval for you - the suspense has got to be maddening!
Message 21 of 132
magiteck
Established Member

Any word yet?

Message 22 of 132
BeingHopeful

Still waiting. Still under review. 2 managers signed off on it and it is in under writing. Hoping for something tomorrow.
Message 23 of 132
kadeemalik
New Visitor

I had a short sale a little over 1yr ago due to loss of income, I meet all the requirements of the " FHA back to work program" I can now afford a mortgage.. back working fulltime, no lates or any new issues on my credit report the last 12 mths, also with a good down payment, 20% but have been calling lender, brokers etc  for the last 2 weeks but can't find one so far who will finance 1yr out of a short sale in Florida, I am also a veteran so I qualify for a first time VA loan?? any suggestions?

Message 24 of 132
Bugeater58

Our file just went to underwriting for approval. Will kept you posted
Message 25 of 132
BeingHopeful

How long ago did you apply? Still waiting on an answer for mine.
Message 26 of 132
Bugeater58

Well. We started back in September with a broker and the company they sent it to did not like my husbands employment. (He is now a contract programmer out of our home for the last year and a half). They said aong as he is working thru a temp agency they will not do the loan (this was end of october) So I found a lender that that originates and services there own loans. Sent in all paper work first of November and they had to get A underwriting exception for emploment which they got. Apprails is in. And file is in underwriting. We are looking at a close date of dec 11 or 12. Which underwrting said no problem. We had to get one extension to our contract for two weeks. So long story short we have been at this since the first of September What are they telling you is taking so long
Message 27 of 132
BeingHopeful

Lender #1 said no, so it has een submited to another lender.  Hoping to hear something today or tomorrow.  I was supposed to be closing tomorrow.  And they moved the closing date to Monday, which I don't see happening.  Luckily, I am in a position where I don't need to sell or move out of another place, so the timing really isn't so much an issue.  It's just a matter of the waiting, and waiting.

Message 28 of 132
Bugeater58

So how long have you been at it. Are you going thru a broker I only would like to be moved in be for the holidays.
Message 29 of 132
Bugeater58

Message 30 of 132
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.