cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had Dispute remarks on their CR that have NOT been a problem in UW?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had Dispute remarks on their CR that have NOT been a problem in UW?

Thansk!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
toytoy
Regular Contributor

Re: Has anyone had Dispute remarks on their CR that have NOT been a problem in UW?

My LO told me that it would be a problem if I was disputing something so I took it out of dispute and paid it off. It might now be the same in your case but I was told that they do not look favorably on things that are in dispute. 

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone had Dispute remarks on their CR that have NOT been a problem in UW?

I had two things in dispute and all the UW asked for was a letter of explanation.  Good Luck!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed a bunch of accounts of my report because the balances were reporting incorrectly, this was before I figured out that the balances report what the statement says when the statement cuts. My LO says its not to be an issue and to just elaev it but i hear horror stories about UW repulling the credit reports etc..... so frustrating

Message 4 of 7
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Have you tried to cancel those disputes?  It could take some time to clear up though.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OH VEY!   Do I know about this.

I've had all three of my HSBC accounts report as being in dispute when they should not be.

I asked my LO about this and was told that some UW could have a problem with it but that she was going to submit my documents to an UW where it shouldn't be an issue.

She did tell me but I can not recall who.   Hopefully she is right and I'll pass UW without any issues.

In the meantime I've been contacted by HSBC who informed me that they are looking into it.

Message 6 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Here is what the findings say from Fannie Mae's DesktopUnderwriter, it appears that the trade lines (good or bad) are excluded from the risk analysis. Which makes sense actually, because if it wasn't the borrowers account and it's being disputed, then it shouldn't have any impact on the findings. But if it the borrowers, then it should be included in the risk analysis, and therefore the dispute needs to be removed. Read below:

DU identified the following tradeline(s) as disputed by the borrower and did not include the tradeline(s) in the credit risk assessment. The lender must verify the accuracy of the tradeline(s) by determining if it belongs to the borrower and by confirming the accuracy of the payment history. If the tradeline does not belong to the borrower, or the reported payment history is inaccurate, no further action is necessary. If the tradeline does belong to the borrower and the reported payment history is accurate, it must be taken into consideration in the credit risk assessment. To ensure it is considered, the lender may obtain a new credit report with the tradeline no longer reported as disputed and resubmit the loan casefile to DU, or the lender may manually underwrite the loan. If the tradeline is a mortgage that was past due by two or more payments in the last 12 months, or a foreclosure that has been filed within the last 5 years, the loan casefile is ineligible for delivery to Fannie Mae.

Removing disputes isn't a super easy or quick process, often it takes a phone call into the credit bureaus and specifically requesting the dispute to be removed/end.  Experian and Equifax are relatively easy to work with, removes within a few days, TransUnion can be more of a pain.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.