"Sure, I'm trying to sell a house in the worst seller's market in years. I think I'll hold out for a cash buyer."
yeah I was thinking that this is insane! Well more like crazy as heck! but what can i do if anything?
If that was the bank's counter you can always counter their counteroffer and add your financing terms back in. If they countered your original offer you still have the option of coming back to the table. Did you submit your preapproval letter (with the $ amount whited out of course) with the offer?
The worst thing they can say is no, then you just wait a week or so and try it all over again.
I did have my agent whiteout the approval amount. Whats funny is that on their own website......they did not list the property as cash...and the site was just updated...go figure!**shrugs**
My agent wanted to see proof that the bank did not accept the offer.....and they have basically avoided the request.