Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone heard of this

tag
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone heard of this

"Sure, I'm trying to sell a house in the worst seller's market in years.  I think I'll hold out for a cash buyer."

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
mzniko
Valued Member

yeah I was thinking that this is insane! Well more like crazy as heck! but what can i do if anything?

Message 12 of 14
midwestgirl44
Contributor

@mzniko wrote:

yeah I was thinking that this is insane! Well more like crazy as heck! but what can i do if anything?

If that was the bank's counter you can always counter their counteroffer and add your financing terms back in. If they countered your original offer you still have the option of coming back to the table. Did you submit your preapproval letter (with the $ amount whited out of course) with the offer?

The worst thing they can say is no, then you just wait a week or so and try it all over again.

Message 13 of 14
mzniko
Valued Member

I did have my agent whiteout the approval amount.  Whats funny is that on their own website......they did not list the property as cash...and the site was just updated...go figure!**shrugs**

My agent  wanted to see proof that the bank did not accept the offer.....and they have basically avoided the request.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.