Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has this been asked before-also posted in Understanding FICO scoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this been asked before-also posted in Understanding FICO scoring

In your experience in the past, how close was a Vantage or FAKO Experian score to your FICO scores when they were available?  Or even if you pulled a Vantage and an LO pulled them, how close was the Experian?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has this been asked before-also posted in Understanding FICO scoring

Anyone?
Message 2 of 6
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Vantage Score uses an entirely different scale than FICO, and even if you do some algebraic conversion to a presumptive FICO score, it does not always correlate very well.  Believe me, I've done it, and the scores were nowhere close to each other.

Never pulled Experian's FAKO, so I can't be of any help there. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did this in the beginning of the year.

The EX FAKO score was over 70 points higher than my actual FICO. On the flipside, my TU FAKO was almost 100 points lower lol

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The EX FAKO score was over 70 points higher than my actual FICO. On the flipside, my TU FAKO was almost 100 points lower lol

Wow..Thats a wide margin....Oh, well.  I guess I just WONT know.  I think it is unfair for them to offer your "Vantage" score, knowing it is more than likely not even close to your real score.  You will never know your real score, until Hard Pulled by a LO and then lose points because of it.  It sucks.

Message 5 of 6
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow..Thats a wide margin....Oh, well.  I guess I just WONT know.  I think it is unfair for them to offer your "Vantage" score, knowing it is more than likely not even close to your real score.  You will never know your real score, until Hard Pulled by a LO and then lose points because of it.  It sucks.

Well, technically, the Vantage Score is a "real" score, it's just a different score.  They purveyors of Vantage Scores never claim that it is intended to approximate the FICO score - if this were really what they intended, then they would use the same scale.  They claim that it is a measure of your creditworthiness, and that's true.  But in terms of practical applications, it's functionally useless. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.