cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having all kinds of trouble getting closed!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having all kinds of trouble getting closed!

Okay so we have had about a million issues getting closed and been in limbo for mmonths. We were finally supposed to close on Friday and of course at the very last minute the final minute the FHA underwriter came back with a list of about 10 items we still needed to close.  One of the items included verfication of how we paid off a credit card.  Now here is my question...

We sold about 10 items to my mother.  She then sent me a paypal payment from her credit card.  I then transferred this money into my account and paid my credit card...

So is this going to come back to bite us in some way?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Re: Having all kinds of trouble getting closed!

No, just write a letter of explanation stating what you just did above but in a loong, boring, family oriented way Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, how you paid a credit card? Thats rediculous!

If the lender gives you THAT many problems on the 9th hour of closing, GET a different lender. 10 things on the day of closing is a clear cut sign of incompetent LO

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So there is no rule about my mom purchasing something from me and using her credit card to pay for it?

Also I recently received my adjunct teaching contract for the Spring (not starting til Feb) they can't count that income can they? Even with a contract?

If you think that is ridiculous you should have seen the entire list...

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is what I wrote...is this okay?

I wanted to explain how the XXX card and XXX cards were paid
off.  Back in June, David and I had
decided we wanted to sell a few personal items that we would not need in the
new house for various reasons to reduce our credit card debt.  I planned to list these on Craig’s list since
I have had a great deal of success there before.  With the stress of preparing for the new baby
and the moving/closing issues I did not get around it to.  Shortly after our daughter was born I
prepared again to list these things on Craig’s list.  It was in a conversation with my mom that she
mentioned she would be willing to purchase these items for her new house. We
agreed on a price and on July 29, 2009 she sent me payment for these items via
paypal.  I immediately used this money to
pay off David’s Discover card balance in full. 
It was a few days later that I told my mom that I had done so and how I
wished we had enough to pay off Nebraska Furniture Mart as well.  I told her I was only $1500 short of being
able to pay the balance in full.  She
agreed to give us the money.  On August
4, 2009 she did an online bill pay in order to pay $1500 of the balance while I
paid $1,068.69 which was money we had saved over the past month of not having a
mortgage payment

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also...can my adjunct teaching contract help us in anyway since it doesn't start until January? We have manual FHA underwriting
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.