Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having difficulty getting approved. Need help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having difficulty getting approved. Need help

I recently transfered to NC with my job. I sold my house in South Carolina in October. The first buyer ran into some legal issues and backed out of the deal on the day of the closing, so I had to find another buyer. As a result I incured 3 late penalties. All 30 day no 60 or 90. The mortgage is paid off. My credit score is 625/630. I have 3.5% down payment in the bank and have a excelent work history. I am a manager and make 45K yr and have student loan and small bank loan. nothing else, no car / no credit cards. I was told by a lender that I have to wait until October to apply due to being late on my mortgage. (12 mo from last late) Is there any way around this. would a co-signer with 800+ credit score help? please help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Having difficulty getting approved. Need help

Not sure.  The 12 month out rule vary by lender or across all?  If the former might have to shop around for another lender.

Message 2 of 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Having difficulty getting approved. Need help

It does depend on the type of loan (FHA or conventional) and the lender because each lender has their own overlays. Ask your LO to check with underwriting. You will probably do better if you make application with a small community bank/credit union in your area.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.