Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to start over... Devastated!

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Having to start over... Devastated!

Good luck with everything. I don't have any advice except get a realtor like yesterday. Don't rely on the sales Rep to look out for you. They wont; as you have already found out.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 21 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I've already called a realtor. We're learning the hard way. The realtor also questioned where our earnest money is that we put down, since we are no longer under contract. She's going to speak with the sales rep.
Message 22 of 47
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Remember the sales rep represents the builder only. You need a very good Realtor to represent your interest, especially since you have already signed a contract. The builder should have put your funds in an escrow account unless you signed a written waiver in the contract. Get your contract out to see where the funds were deposited. It should be right in the contract - the location of the funds and the contact number for the escrow agent.

Message 23 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a home finance with wells fargo and they require a 620 score.It sounds like you lost $2000 to the sales rep.Ernest money is usualy $500.  Hope Credit Union will finance a home loan with 580 credit score, try them.

Message 24 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a VA home loan through WF?
Message 25 of 47
sharpie
Regular Contributor

RE: Hope Credit Union, was this some sort of ad?  They will only finance in MS...from what I can see.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a home finance with wells fargo and they require a 620 score.It sounds like you lost $2000 to the sales rep.Ernest money is usualy $500.  Hope Credit Union will finance a home loan with 580 credit score, try them.

Message 26 of 47
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

When we put the contract on our home, the earnest was 3 percent of the price of the home plus you had to pay out of pocket for some upgrades upfront.

Message 27 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the latest is the sale rep has been calling me today trying to explain her position. I understand now we needed pre approval. But I am disappointed we were removed from contract while in Underwritting and I had to find out from the LO. It was just a backwards way of communicating to us. It's a lesson learned now. I need a realtor which I'm on the hunt for.
Message 28 of 47
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

How long does it take Wells to run you thru DU. Could you get them on the phone today.

Message 29 of 47
ceejx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So the latest is the sale rep has been calling me today trying to explain her position. I understand now we needed pre approval. But I am disappointed we were removed from contract while in Underwritting and I had to find out from the LO. It was just a backwards way of communicating to us. It's a lesson learned now. I need a realtor which I'm on the hunt for.

I'm a little confused at why your LO didn't put you through pre-approval.. that was the first thing mine did before any other paperwork was signed or even mentioned. How did they know they would even be able to give you a loan without pre-approval?

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.