Moderator Emeritus

Re: Having to start over... Devastated!

Good luck with everything. I don't have any advice except get a realtor like yesterday. Don't rely on the sales Rep to look out for you. They wont; as you have already found out.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor

Thanks. I've already called a realtor. We're learning the hard way. The realtor also questioned where our earnest money is that we put down, since we are no longer under contract. She's going to speak with the sales rep.
Community Leader
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Remember the sales rep represents the builder only. You need a very good Realtor to represent your interest, especially since you have already signed a contract. The builder should have put your funds in an escrow account unless you signed a written waiver in the contract. Get your contract out to see where the funds were deposited. It should be right in the contract - the location of the funds and the contact number for the escrow agent.

New Visitor

I have a home finance with wells fargo and they require a 620 score.It sounds like you lost $2000 to the sales rep.Ernest money is usualy $500.  Hope Credit Union will finance a home loan with 580 credit score, try them.

Contributor

Do you have a VA home loan through WF?
Regular Contributor

RE: Hope Credit Union, was this some sort of ad?  They will only finance in MS...from what I can see.

tryingtoqualify wrote:

I have a home finance with wells fargo and they require a 620 score.It sounds like you lost $2000 to the sales rep.Ernest money is usualy $500.  Hope Credit Union will finance a home loan with 580 credit score, try them.

Valued Contributor

When we put the contract on our home, the earnest was 3 percent of the price of the home plus you had to pay out of pocket for some upgrades upfront.

Contributor

So the latest is the sale rep has been calling me today trying to explain her position. I understand now we needed pre approval. But I am disappointed we were removed from contract while in Underwritting and I had to find out from the LO. It was just a backwards way of communicating to us. It's a lesson learned now. I need a realtor which I'm on the hunt for.
Valued Contributor

How long does it take Wells to run you thru DU. Could you get them on the phone today.

Frequent Contributor

adonis2011 wrote:
So the latest is the sale rep has been calling me today trying to explain her position. I understand now we needed pre approval. But I am disappointed we were removed from contract while in Underwritting and I had to find out from the LO. It was just a backwards way of communicating to us. It's a lesson learned now. I need a realtor which I'm on the hunt for.

I'm a little confused at why your LO didn't put you through pre-approval.. that was the first thing mine did before any other paperwork was signed or even mentioned. How did they know they would even be able to give you a loan without pre-approval?

Lender Pull (11/3/12) FICO EX: 740 EQ: 680 TU: 702

NFCU VISA $17,500 / USAA AMEX $7,200 / USAA AMEX $4,000 / USAA VISA $4,000 / CHASE FREEDOM $3,000 / Lowes $2,500 / CarCareOne $1,800
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.