Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble with short Mortgage Banker

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having trouble with short Mortgage Banker

Hi All,

We are 56 days out from close.  We are building with a VA loan through the preferred lender of the builder.  Since the building process started, we have gotten very short communication from the lender.  Two weeks ago we finally got the loan estimate paper work.  We filled it out and returned it.  But then had questions.  He had a day before asked for this months bank statements. I sent him this email:

Banker-

Sorry for all the questions today.  We are just starting to get a little nervous with April coming up and are feeling a little uninformed.  We need to give our building 60 days notice to vacate and things of that nature, and we kinda don't know where we stand in the process. 

Also, have a question about the closing costs.  I thought that all closing costs were to be covered.  By looking at the loan estimate, none of them are.  I am sure that there are some that cannot be covered like insurance and tax, but we are confused on the others.

Attached is our January savings account statement.  We do not have any updated checking statements yet from the ones we sent you a few weeks ago.  I generally get my statement online around the 11th of the month, so I will get it over as soon as it gets uploaded.  Wife gets hers around the 15th. We have switched her checking account from "Bank A" to "Bank B", so next month her bank statement will come from "Bank B".  I hope that is ok.

Sorry for the concerns.  I am sure we are a hassle.

Husband

This was his response:

I will answer all the questions soon..what is the big deposit for 5000?

I explained that it was a wedding gift.  I sent him a screenshot of the cancelled check and that it is in savings.

The thing is, here he is again, not addressing any of my questions.   Just don't know what to do.  I want to work with this guy because he works well with the builder and sat for two months while my credit jumped.  Just at a lose at why he is like this.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.