cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Everyone-I Closed, Moved Into and have possibly had the worst MOVE ever!!!

tag
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hello Everyone-I Closed, Moved Into and have possibly had the worst MOVE ever!!!

Adelaide wrote:
I don't think Bungalow is advocating for the OP to do that, just commenting on how taking a picture with the newspaper isn't a foolproof method to prove the date the photo was taken either.

That's what I figured; just wanted to make sure that the OP doesn't get any unwise notions in her head....

We know Mo....we know that she wouldn't really advocate anything unseemly....Smiley Happy 

Message 11 of 18
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Hello Everyone-I Closed, Moved Into and have possibly had the worst MOVE ever!!!

hehehehe....MOI????  Surely you wouldn't be suggesting...

OK, enough playing around.  I haven't seen the OPcome back with any updates.  I do hope she's been talking to some pro's about this.  This is just wrong.

Your first home purchase should always be some thing special...in a GOOD way.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if a final walk-through was done...
Message 13 of 18
CinnamonCister3
Valued Member

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading your emails and thank you for the suggestions. I contacted FHA/HUD and will continue to do so until the matter is resolved. I also have not had internet service until today so sorry for taking so long to respond. I have been reading via email and when I spoke about the realestate attorney. My real estate agent said she did not know any personal but would ask her broker. Whatever the case, it was all about the money for her which is my conclusion. In terms of time I am looking for my camera throughout all the boxes..things have been a mess since the flood. The final walk through was fine but all we saw was the changes apparantly he had to make due to FHA. He left all the crap(constuction stuff) around, but my realtor made the statement he would have to come and get all the stuff..he never did..as I stated in earlier post he was not present at closing his girlfirend was and when i made a fuss about the legality of her signing, they all scrambled to bring the information forward stating that she had been delgated to complete paperwork for him because he was out of the country. I hope to get some help soon. For now, I just keep praying and trying to focus on making the best out of a bad situation. Thank you all for the information and I am using it toward securing my future plan as the owner of this disastorous place. Maybe with a little care and a whole lot of prayer I will see some improvement and the original home flipper sanctioned for his shotty and poor selling procedures.

Message 14 of 18
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Attorney.....

The inspector isnt perfect.... they are human.

But the disclosure part is serious business.

Retired Lender
Message 15 of 18
CinnamonCister3
Valued Member

I have received any call backs from attorneys yet can anyone recommend one. I did get in touch with FHA who told me that I am not covered under FHA because the paperwork sent in by the Allied Mortgage group was not completed correctly so it was not approved. I called the agency and the owner gave me a problem. They did not put the information my interest rate etc, on the paperwork of which she stated sounded like Predatory lending. I have to report the lender to FTC  and my Real Estate agent to real estate commision. I am sooo sad an exhausted, I am trying to get in touch with a good attorney  and praying things get better because I am ready to snap. I am totally confused and let down by this all.  

Message 16 of 18
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

OMG Hon, I am so sorry to hear of this mess.  Do you have the yellow pages for your area?  If not, can you maybe ask a neighbor to use theirs? 

I'd find a local attorney who knows real estate law.  I'm sure there is a name for this.  Even if YOU can't find your camera, they will have one.  

Can I ask something...did you have a friend or family member with you through this process, or was it just you with the agent & LO?  I can understand if it's a no, because I didn't either.  

I'm keeping you in my thoughts & prayers.  I hope this all turns out well for you.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 17 of 18
CinnamonCister3
Valued Member

Well Hello

It’s been a long time and a whole lot of stress. 

These have been the worst 5 years of my life, literally. I did take all of the advice offered by you all until it was exhausted. I found out that the house was not FHA covered because the crooked Century 21 agent and partner in crime mortgage person did not do the paperwork correctly. From my initial threats and poor review that was sent to my email after the 1st flood. The owner of that particular branch of Century 21 made them do the paperwork over. 

Sad details:

-My disclosure had no info regarding flooding at ALL! I received paperwork from FHA stating it was not in a flood zone. 

-I went to every lawyer including community lawyer(who said I had a case but it was too complicated for them). They sent me to 3 lawyers with the last basically telling me no one wants to go against Century 21 lawyers unless have money. They have big lawyers to cover such things and real estate lawyers would expect a big payday.

-I went to ever outlet in the local government for help because apparently these neighborhood folk have known about the flooding since the 80’s and have been living in and collecting damage checks for eons.

-I was not eligible for any program but ironically would be eligible for huge loans that would leave me indebted to the city for the rest of my days despite the city being at fault due to selling homes in a flood zone that has unfixable pipe system.

-2009-2010 I exhausted my savings trying to fix damage to each flood after every rain (of which I took pictures, videos, documented emails to all parties).

-2010-2011 The flood was so bad it trapped me in the home, my truck was under water(severe damage) and the sewer water killed a nurse who happened to be in the military, married, mother of 2.

-2011-2012 I was told to go to a series of meetings sponsored by the water department where we were told that this area use to be a river and they knowingly poured earth down and built the neighborhood. Which is the reason wissonoming, logan and this area is sinking. All of the fraudulent state representatives were there oohing and ahhing at the videos of the floods. The water department had diaphragms of the section of city where the house I bought was and basically stated that the block I lived on was unfixable. They made us go to multiple meetings with each meeting ending with us filling out paperwork regarding buyouts. I forgot to mention I had put my home on the market trying to do a short sell due to the condition and because I told the truth in my disclosure stating that when it rains, there is flooding(much to the realtor’s dismay) no one bought the house. I forgot to also mention that they had a map of the neighborhood showing empty homes 89% of the former owners had died from Cancer. No just any cancer but all over their bodies cancer! What do all of these neighbors have in common…Water. Sewer water to be more specific. When this was mentioned in the meetings, the residents started talking about their family members who had died and even their pets. One person was so upset because she stated 3 of her pets had died from cancer. Of course this caused an uproar and the water department tried to convince everyone that the drinking water was fine. When I tell you DO NOT DRINK SPICKET WATER….I MEAN IT!

-We went to meeting(9+) up until Jan 2012 where we then told by a crooked state rep that the city did not have any money…despite having millions to put on shows, concerts, the mayors anything…

-Then this man who I had not seen at any other meetings tried to make himself the designated leader of the group and stated we need to sue as a group.

-The neighbor on my block (former block captain) told people to not sue and she was paid off by the state rep and moved away in 2012. She was also able to open up a business that had been steadily turned down by L &I due to violations.

-I exhausted every possibility, never receiving any help. I was so defeated that I change parties, to independent because I realized unless you are related or know someone big…there is NO HELP.

-My truck went to crap despite spending thousands trying to maintain it after being caught in the flood. I donated to Habitat for Humanity last year. So I have no auto now.

-The neighbors poisoned one of my dogs with antifreeze, he had to be put to sleep in 2011.

-I have been living without a heater since the big flood of 2011. My pipes were bad before I moved in got worse.

-The water department has been out here thousands of times repaving the road after floods, digging up the pipes (despite saying it was unfixable) and in 203 they slyly put up hazard signs stating that area floods.

-FEMA only gave me a couple thousand for thousands of dollars in damage

-My insurance from 2009-2012(also apart of the crooked real estate agent trifecta) never covered ANYTHING. I lost my business supplies initially after original OP floods. They said my plan did not cover natural disasters. I was not elgible for flood insurance because my area is not a documented flood zone.

-I learned that the folks in the neighborhood have been scamming since the 80’s after every flood, which is why they are comfortable living in the unknown.

-My sewer pipes exploded outside on July 4, I called multiple times, the water dept never showed up and 6 days later when I was not here from the ally they assessed the distant pipe stating they would shut my water off if I did not take their huge loan for the pipe program or pay upwards of $16000 to have the pipes repaired.

-I had to go through countless calls and run around with the city in order to appeal the decision made by the inspectors.

-Last week my sewer pipes in the house exploded (they were already damaged from the constant flooding with cracks and holes all throughout). I am still receiving the threats of turning off my water.

-In Sept 2011 I took back my mortgage payment to pay for what I could in regards to the damage of the home. I alerted the mortgage company. Sent pictures of the damage, informed them of Allstate not covering anything. I was never able to get back on track because the fines, fees of missing payments every time the floods came and I had to clean against living with mold everyday. I was given a forbearance for a year by a housing company who ridiculed me along with the rep from mortgage company wondering why I was not smart enough to realize I was being swindled into buying a lemon home.

-I made larger payments but the debt amount did not change and due to working contracts, when my contracts ended I had periods where all I could make was small payments biweekly.

Well my I never got to have a housewarming. I never got to buy furniture for the home except a bed. Majority of all my money went cleanup. My items have been packed since the 2010 on the top floor due to my fear that a sinkhole is inevitable. Ironically, due to the water department trying to reroute the water rather than pay off the residents in the unfixable area the rest of the city has started to suffer from floods and sinkholes. Forgot to mention the foundation cracking and concrete rising.

Last week the day after my pipes on the inside of my home exploded, I received a email from a lawyer regarding a questionnaire I completed at one of those many water department meetings years ago. It seems that the young lady who died in the floods of 2011 family is suing the city. I go for a deposition tomorrow. I am taking everything I have and I am going to try and get her husband, children and parents so much money that her children’s children can be comfortable. I pray that my experience will be able to help this fallen soldier who unknowingly drove into a flood of sewer water that could have been avoided had the city and water department closed off the area.

I will never buy a home again. If I am able to find housing with my ruined credit I will count myself as lucky.

PS I forgot to mention that the crooked neighbor moved back because according to my uncle who works for the water department (they don’t know) they water department is blaming it on the mayor and are currently trying to see who the lifers (residents on the 8 blocks declared unfixable) and pay them off to move. They don’t know I know, but I did speak with a lawyer who told me if I am able to find a house to rent, he can get my credit repaired with a deed in lieu. Not that it matters, because I have literally lost enough to know that I have no plans to do anything like this ever again.

I am going to live and save. I hope to find someplace quiet on a hill away from water. I will not drink faucet water or cook with it ever again, anywhere in the US. You could not pay me too, ever!

I wish all of you luck and thank you for your comments.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.