cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! 19% interest rate on an auto loan?

tag
miskiss
New Contributor

Help! 19% interest rate on an auto loan?

It's true. I did rejoice when my credit scores rose to a new level, thus enabeling me to obtain 3 new TLs:

The Room Store: CL: $4000
Best Buy: CL: $3000
Wal-Mart: CL: $400

So, now my scores have dropped to 624,633,672, and the dealership that I went to told me that the best offer for interest was 19%, since I don't currently have an auto loan on my CR.

Snow is coming and I need a safe car now that I live in the mountains with my children!

mis
11/2/2019: EQ 699, TU 649, EX 652. 6/15/2019: EQ 682, TU 621, EX 630 "The journey of a million miles begins with a single step"
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
inquring_minds
Regular Contributor

Re: Help! 19% interest rate on an auto loan?

Try Chase Auto Finance.  I just got an approval yesterday.  Refinanced my original loan - With Chase - from 19% to 6.24%

My scores are the following:

TU 673, EQ 683, Ex 676

Good luck and let me know how you make out.
Great Credit is Sexy Smiley Wink EQ 793 / TU 791 / EX 773, 6/2017
Message 2 of 7
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to get a car and had scores that were EQ641, TU591, and EX652. I told them to ignore TU because it had erronious info. They made me offers as low as 11.75%. I've had two auto loans though. According to myFICO, any inquiries of an auto loan type made within a 14 day period counts as one inquiry in the calculation of your score. So I would go to a CU or Chase and get more offers. Don't go crazy with inquiries but don't settle for something that crappy. Some people say to go for a high interest rate because you can always refinance. But no one will refinance you if you've been paying all this interest and now owe way more than the car is worth. You deserve about a 7 - 9% interest rate. Or even a 6.24%.

BTW - I went ahead and got my old car fixed. TU got fixed the next day. Now its 660. Almost had another loan under my belt! So happy! Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

specultr!

FOUR PERCENT!

What company did you go to for the 5%? I am so trying that when my score goes into the 700s and my Util is down (which not coincidentally should happen at the same time). How did I get into a 74% util! Too much swipey - swipey.

What were you approved with on the 5%? How much was the loan max and what was the time frame (6 years)? And how did you leverage that? Could it be done now a days? It seems like today they go to the computer and ask the mighty computer what they can offer me and if I try to haggle, they say they can only do what the computer tells them. Robot Mad

Edit: I felt like a mad robot was appropriate for that sentence. 

Message Edited by berraco58 on 12-06-2007 05:23 PM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

look around for a cu that you like (lots pull eq only) and call them up and see what they offer.
Message 6 of 7
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.