Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! - 2012 Tax Transcript holding up mortgage

tag
BrianKeith
New Visitor

Re: Help! - 2012 Tax Transcript holding up mortgage

I've learned quite a bit since we are going through the same thing. The check goes to a different department and your mail returns sits on a stack waiting to be processed. There is no expedited procedure, you just simply have to wait. The problem with my case is I mailed my returns in on March 12. There was an error on my child care form which took them until May 30th send me a letter. I find out later that the IRS doesn't process returns until the 20th week of the year for those that owe. We've since made the correction and sent it back. Now this would not be an amended return since the 2012 was never officially recorded. Our check has been cashed and we are still waiting.we do have an advocate working on our case and it is very limited what they can do after the return has been mailed.make sure you consult with an advocate prior to sending anything in, they may be able to help. Also, don't bother calling everyday to find out if your transcripts are in, they only record once a week on Mondays. You always have the option to write your congressman about your experience with the IRS. Smiley Happy
Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.