cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help (Again)! Any Tips for Getting the IRS to play ball?

tag
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

Re: Help (Again)! Any Tips for Getting the IRS to play ball?

So after I posted my comment on the 3rd I decided to request a transcript just to see how long it would take. I received the transcript from the IRS yesterday.

Message 71 of 77
scottiem757

Hey guys! I'm in the same boat and am supposed to close next week on a Fannie Mae owned home and my 2012 transcripts are not available even though I efiled and they were accepted on February 12. I have called the tax advocacy twice and can get no help! Any advice on how to word it or a specific person to talk to that may be able to help??? I can't believe that I could lose the house and $2000 over this!! Crazy! Thanks for any help!!!

Scottie

Message 72 of 77
JRHollywood

Hey Scottie,

Exact same situation as you.  I found out the hard way about 2 months ago that filing early did me no good at all since I owe money, and I'm relying on my 2012 transcript as part of the mortgage documentation, the only hold up.  I looked online for hours to find info, I can't find it again, but to the best of my research, tax returns where the person owes are processed in Cycle 20, which just started the end of this past week, and the deadline for Cycle 20 is May 15th, next Wednesday.  I'm really banking hard on that being the case, because I'm also now in a contract on a house that closes the week after next based on that information.  So far nothing though, and I know nothing happens over the weekend so I just have to sit and wait.  If it doesn't process by the 15th, then I'm really at a loss as to when it will and my transcript available. 

Tax advocacy group was zero help to me either, tried calling 2 different people.  One I left a few voicemails, never called me back.  Other one listened to my story, said "sorry i cant help". Click.  Real nice.

So  fingers crossed all that research was correct, and by next wednesady we'll both have our 2012 transcript available.  I wish I could find the link again, it was to the actual IRS site with specific dates and a calendar with actual wording about returns where the person efiled and money is owed are processed cycle 20, which was May 9th - May 15th. 

Message 73 of 77
kmc2013

I am in the same boat- efiled on March 18th.  Just spoke to a very nice gentleman at the IRS after talking to some real winners over there- he said that this is in fact the 20th cycle and that they would be processing this week the returns with balance due.  He said it could take up to 3 weeks to get my return processed. He said it could be as quick as the end of this week as well.  Fingers crossed that it is ready by early next week.  Husband is self employed and we need 2012's info to qualify. Original closing date was April 12th. Appraisal expires 7/21- new credit score has to be run in the beginning of June, and the seller has already done 2 extensions and this last one is until may 31st!  I can't believe  that the underwriting process is literally held up by this, to make sure we are not commiting mortgage fraud... I wanna scream!!  So at least know that we are all waiting, yes waiting, on the IRS to get their returns out the door as the agent today put it!

Message 74 of 77
kmc2013

Hey Scottie- did you get your return transcript yet?  Mine says still processing. Cat Sad this is the most maddening thing I have ever gone through- enough to make me want to go to the crazy house!

Message 75 of 77

Wondering if everything worked out for you guys?
Message 76 of 77
quackduck44
New Visitor

Hello, I am in this same situation.  My underwriter will not accept anything other than a "validted" 4506T for tax year 2012.  I am self-employed and filed a paper return on 4/13/13.  My check was cashed by IRS on 4/16/13.  I gave UW the copy of the cancelled check.  Not good enough.  We were suppoed to close loan on 6/3/13.  This is the LAST condition left.  Money is already to go, except we can't have it until this form validtes.  I call IRS everyday and get new, different, conflicting answers.  Was told it takes 6-12 weeks, no one even looked at it until week 20.  No one at IRS can help me at all.  We have reached out to seller and asked them to please be patient, but I don't know how long they will wait.  Told my broker on Fri to go ahead and submit application to "portfolio" lender who, he swears, will not require this form.  Rate is about .5% higher.  But, this will take about another 30 days.  Has this happened to anyone else and have you been successful?  We REALLY can't lose this house.

Message 77 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.