Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, I'm scared of losing my mortgage

tag
Lemmus
Established Contributor

Re: Help, I'm scared of losing my mortgage

...thats the ultimate frustration and there is usually nothing you can do about it ...I remember when I first tried to apply for social security they asked a bunch of questions that I kept getting wrong and they wouldn't talk to me further ...took me months to get that straightened out ...unfortunately, you don't have time on your side 

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 21 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have someone who could put you on a credit card with a long credit history as an authorized user?  That may give you a boost in score.  Worked for me.  I am also a single mom in Kentucky who is in the mortgage process.  I am in UW and was supposed to know something by yesterday but haven't heard a word.  I was going to do the downpayment assistance but decided to pull it out of 401K instead.  Seller is paying closing costs.  My dad put me on his Wells Fargo/Dillards card with 28 years of perfect payment history and my score shot up 30 points.  I have my own cards but they were so new the AAoA was killing my score.  Good luck to you.  I will be praying for you. #singlemomstruggles

Message 22 of 35
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

OP, you should continue calling and speaking to different reps. Maybe one of them will be having an exceptionally good day.

Is there an Executive office contact number you use and ask them?

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 23 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I could not ask my parents to do that, to add me on one of their credit cards. I'm trying to do this all on my own. If this falls through my credit will jump back up in a month or so and there will be another house. But this one is my dream home. I got one collection off, and one to go. Enhanced recovery is hard to deal with. They don't have to remove it but they can, I'm going to keep calling and sending letters until they do. I also called an attorney today who specializes in credit. He is also trying to work with them to give me a paid deletion. So hard to believe this one little thing is keeping me from my dream home. I don't take no for an answer, and I'm not going to stop until I win. The good thing, the couple who lives in the house currently doesn't have anywhere to go, so they are not in any hurry to move right now. I do have a little time to try and save this! The other collection that I had with GLA, the lady took it off immediately and gave me a deletion letter today. If only I could get enhanced recovery to do the same. Yes! Single mom struggles!
Message 24 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also I'm not sure of an executive office, I think enhanced recovery is located in Jacksonville Florida. Too bad I don't live there I would go there!
Message 25 of 35
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Can you google their corp number? Get the names of their leadership?
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 26 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will certainly try that. I will try anything. But I will say that the course of the last couple of days as worn me completely out. Tomorrow is another day, going to give it all I got!
Message 27 of 35
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

I completely understand. I was so afraid that we were going to lose our home due to our lenders incompetence. I worried myself sick for 3 weeks.

It is a very emotionally draining process....especially if there are hiccups along the way.
Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is exactly where I am right now, worrying myself sick, not sleeping well, not eating well. All over a $592 collection through Enhanced Recovery that I'm fighting to get taken off. I understand that they are only obligated to report it fairly, I have not paid them yet and I'm not until they promised me a letter of deletion. My attorney is working on it now, but he isn't having much luck either. Next, comes the letters! Knots in my stomach. I was preapproved, paid the good-faith check, ordered the home inspection, appraisal, all was going great, until underwriting said this has to come off.
Message 29 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

After a month of dealing with this, the only thing to get my scores back up was to get both collections off.  I paid both collections, one removed, one did not, and they refuse to do so despite my BBB compaints, FTC complaints, Enhanced recovery has been hard to deal with.  Wrote them an intent to sue letter, didn't work either.  Long story short, I am losing the house. 

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.