Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please (Time of the Essence) USDA related

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Please (Time of the Essence) USDA related

So I got my certificate of eligibility and put an offer in on a house. They countered with an offer that had one stipulation I don't even pretend to understand. The house was built in 1980 and so it doesn't have a land survey per say, its a subdivision platted plot (or some such beast). I'm probably saying that all wrong. They said if a new survey is required that I would be responsible for purchasing it. Will USDA accept that as the same as a survey? Help please, I have until tomorrow to respond. Smiley Sad

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help Please (Time of the Essence) USDA related

Just to add: I would call USDA......but its Friday...

sigh~

Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Help Please (Time of the Essence) USDA related

Lenders usually never need to see a survey - what they need is the title company to insure the property with a survey exception if no survey is done.  So if the title company is OK issuing title insurance with the survey exception, then no survey is needed.  If they won't issue title without the survey exception, then a survey will need to be done.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.