Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please!!

tag
juice
Valued Member

Help Please!!

I Applied for a mortgage loan today I have come so far. The Loan officer said my middle score was 650 my Fiance' 622. My other half has a car charge off for 2000 in 2012. I have two medicals each $96 dollars. But the loan officer kept harping on the medical debt lol and the charge offs is it not possible to get a loan with two medical collections and a charge off?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Help Please!!

Why was he harping?  for score reasons?  or credit reasons?

a couple of med collections have never given me heartburn

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 11
juice
Valued Member

Mostly about my medicals the two for 96 each Which will be removed in a few weeks thanks to the doctor and also he charge off for 2300 which is report a balance of 0. I'm stuck its my credit union i though we would for sure get approved this time.

Message 3 of 11
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

lender guideline overlays.....  are added to the actual loan guidelines.....

sounds like they have some crazy ones.

most lenders will not care a hill of beans about those small accounts

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 11
juice
Valued Member

Should i try another lender and will other pulls effect my credit score?

Message 5 of 11
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

When did the medical collections happen?  In the past 12 months?

Here is good reading on how inquiries impact your score: http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/CreditChecks.aspx?

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 6 of 11
juice
Valued Member

Early 2011.. Also thanks for the link so going to another lender and applying shouldn't effect my credit score anymore?
Message 7 of 11
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

The medical collections really shouldn't be a problem, they are about 3 years old. 

It depends on when your credit was first checked, usually you have a 30-day window for additional mortgage inquiries not to impact your score.  After that window is closed, then a new inquiry will impact your score and start a new 30-day window.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Message 8 of 11
juice
Valued Member

Yesterday is when my credit report was checked.

Message 9 of 11
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Then your window began yesterday (unless you had a previous mortgage inquiry within the past 30 days).  Now even though they say that additional inquiries don't impact your score, I've read posts from people who say that they feel like the additional inquiries did impact their score even if it was within a 30 day window.  So you should be cautious on how many times your credit is checked, but realize a credit check will be needed.  I'd see if you could get a copy of your credit report from the first lender so you can provide it to any new loan officer you want to take a look at your situation.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.