cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Understanding Good Faith Estimate

tag
strive2010

Help Understanding Good Faith Estimate

I finally got to the point where I am closing. Thank goodness for this board and everything else that is holy. Anyway I can not make any sense of my good faith estimate and I was hoping some of you pros can help me out. It says that my origination charges in SECTION A totals $3154, and charges for all other settlement services in SECTION B totals $9168, so TOTAL ESTIMATED CHARGES FOR A+B= $12,322 (but the seller's closing credit of $5000 is not included in this figure). 

But here is where I get confused, on the Summary of GFE Borrower/Seller/Lender Paid Totals Page it says that this page shows an estimate of what YOU will be responsible for paying at closing. The amount for the borrower is listed as $4989, and the seller section has $3467, lender is $0, and the TOTAL is $8456. Then it has in parenthesis that the total estimated settlement charges are for GFE Sections 1-8 on page 2, and borrower may also be required to pay for items reflected in GFE sections 9-11. So which figure am I suppose to bring to closing? The $12, 322, the $4989, or the $12,322 - $5000 seller credit which equals: $7322????

My settlement statement is not available yet and my attorney said use the figure from the GFE. Since I waited until this weekend to go over the GFE again, I could not call him and ask him once I noticed how confused I was. I can not wait until I talk to him and I am anxious, so I thought about turning to this board for answers.  Someone please help.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.