Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! Will they re-run my credit

tag
praise123
Contributor

Help!!! Will they re-run my credit

So, the loan officer said our credit was good to go, but I am not sure if that took into consideration the (3) credit cards that I opened prior to him running my report.  I hope the inquiries and new credit does not bring down my score, but if it does will they re-run our credit reports> If so when will this happen.  We are not looking to move for at least 3 months because we have to sell this house.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Help!!! Will they re-run my credit

@praise123 wrote:

So, the loan officer said our credit was good to go, but I am not sure if that took into consideration the (3) credit cards that I opened prior to him running my report.  I hope the inquiries and new credit does not bring down my score, but if it does will they re-run our credit reports> If so when will this happen.  We are not looking to move for at least 3 months because we have to sell this house.

I would expect them to probably pull your credit again if you won't be closing on a new house within 90 days ~ check with your LO, he/she should be able to tell you what to expect.  

In terms of your FICO score, you will potentially take a score hit.   Your AAoA will be lower due to the 3 new accounts.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
praise123
Contributor

Will the score rebound by that time with ontime payment and low utilization.

Message 3 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@praise123 wrote:

Will the score rebound by that time with ontime payment and low utilization.

It's really impossible to know for certain.   What is your AAoA now and what will it look like once the three new accounts start reporting ?

Message 4 of 6
praise123
Contributor

I am not sure, but I have other accounts , but I was never able to get unsecure credit cards, so I got kind of excited.  I will garden for now until my mortgage is approved and pray that by getting the cards and paying that it will increase my score.  You can never tell , but I thought that I was doing the right thing by increasing positive reports on the account.

Message 5 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Over time, then the impact will be positive ~ although your AAoA will decrease when they start reporting.....Hopefully not by too much though...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.