cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help fast please... Is it normal for the buyer to pay for the RMCR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help fast please... Is it normal for the buyer to pay for the RMCR?

My mortgage broker is telling me that it will cost just over 400.00 to pull the Residential Mortgage Credit Report and that is a buyers cost.  I just wanted to make sure that is normal before proceeding.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

Re: Help fast please... Is it normal for the buyer to pay for the RMCR?

Absolutely NOT!  A credit report is NOT $400!  That is not normal and if that is true this person should be turned in to the prosecutor's office.

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHhhheeww... It was a typo in his email : )  The fee is 14.95 but he made a typo on his phone while at the gym and typed 414.95 : )  Thank you for your quick response.  I called him and asked him how much it was and then explained what his email said.  I am so relieved.  

Message 3 of 5
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Lol - and here I was wondering  what kind of credit report cost that much  money!  But yes, the buyer pays for his/her own credit report usually.

Message 4 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

lol..when I saw the headline I thought you were talking about the appraisal. Yes, appraisal's run that much or nearly that much but never credit reports!

The buyer pays for both the appraisal, when applicable, and the credit report.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.