Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me understand this

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help me understand this

I subscribe to myfico and I just have two updates that my score is increasing to 687. I applied for membership at Penfed credit union and it tells me that my equifax score is 666. How can there be so much differences?  with that much differences somebody must be lying.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help me understand this

your score probably just changed (after being told another score by CU).
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I don't think so. My score was 680 for a while. I received an update from myfico saying that it was increased by 4 then I applied at Penfed. One day after the application, I received another update saying that Penfed checked my credit and at the same time my score is increased by 3 making it 687. How can Penfed read a 666? something is wrong.
Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

While most mortgage lenders use the same scoring system that myFICO.com uses, not all of them do.  I have heard PenFed pulls scores which are usually inline with myFICO.com's scores, so that seems a bit odd, but since you are wanting to get a mortgage with them you got to follow their procedures - the one with the gold makes the rules.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.