Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on home purchase credits and deductions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help on home purchase credits and deductions

Hi all..so I am getting ready to file my taxes and I don't have any interest or tax credits because my 1st payment  wasn't till Jan 1st. But my question is, on the Hud 1 there was a half point purchased but it was paid for by the seller as was the remaining taxes for 2009 even though we purchased 11/16, but I cannot take credit for that since I didn't specifically pay for it, correct?  Is there anything pd in closing costs that is deductible?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gpeach
Regular Contributor

Re: Help on home purchase credits and deductions

Did you put any ernest money down? Did you have any money due at closing? If you look at your HUD-1 statement is there anything in your buyer column?

On page two ours it says paid from borrowers funds at settlement.Our ernest money and what little we did bring to closing was credited to us on that item. Then they showed the seller paying all the other fees.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I put 1500.00 earnest money and 100.00 option money, MIP to hud was 2820.21 

these are the amounts 167000 loan

2820.21 mip

5845.00 down payment 3.5% fha

163975.21 is my loan amount

i didnt pay anything besides the mip..wait..it does look like I pd 365.92 of property taxes.  cause i put down 1500.00+100.00 then came to closing with a check for 4610.92 that equals to 6210.92.  there is a line on the hud 1 that states 365.92 property taxes 11/24/2009 thru 12/31/2009. so i can use that small amount right?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

MIP is deductible.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.