Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please!!! USDA Direct Alternative credit reference

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help please!!! USDA Direct Alternative credit reference

UPDATE 05-11-17! I just called and I was denied Smiley Sad oh well it's not my time. I'm not too surpsied since I knew I had credit issues.Which is exactly why I was denied for unacceptable credit. Thank you to all who have answered my questions now to work on my credit report!

Hi all I'm in desperate need of some advice! I received a call this afternoon from USDA requesting alternative credit reference which i had sent but they need a bit more of information which i can get for the 2 out of 3. My 3rd reference is my cell phone company and here's the problem. I have Boost mobile which my 1 year anniversary with them is April 30th and here is the main problem...my account is prepaid and Boost mobile said they could provide verbal verification but not anything in email or on my account online. They said it's against their policy so i asked if i could receive an email or something that i can have from them stating that's their policy. They said No. Ugh so I got their address and customer service number that they said whoever needed verification could call as long as they have my pin number. So this is all I have, and I'm so scared to turn only that in and that be our definite denial 😭. Dio you all think this will be okay? Has anyone been through anything similar? The person i spoke to drom USDA today was trying to help me the best she could to give me suggestens however this was before i actuallt spoke to boost customer service. Thank you all in advance! 

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help please!!! USDA Direct Alternative credit reference

What is an alternative credit reference? A bill you pay that doesn't report to your credit is that what they're wanting? Can you provide payment receipts from boost where you made the paymenrs?
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes exactly that a bill I pay but doesn't report to credit bureaus. I don't have receipts I stupidly never save paper receipts of cell phone payments and I usually pay cash cause using my debit charges too much. Online account only goes back 60 days which stinks Smiley Sad I'm going crazy here hoping that what I give them is enough because it's my understanding they are in verification stage then I can get a definite answer 😥

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh man. That stinks! Maybe the other 2 credit references will suffice? I can't believe boost won't give anything.
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know! The least they can do is provide the party of their policy stating they can't provide such information. I'm thinking I'm going to write a letter to send to usda for boost reference with phone number and address including a statement of why boost days that can't provide an actual record of information while also stating that they are willing to provide verbal verification. Hopefully that's enough 😳 thank you for your responses. Tomorrow I'm going to send what I got and hope for the best.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes exactly that a bill I pay but doesn't report to credit bureaus. I don't have receipts I stupidly never save paper receipts of cell phone payments and I usually pay cash cause using my debit charges too much. Online account only goes back 60 days which stinks Smiley Sad I'm going crazy here hoping that what I give them is enough because it's my understanding they are in verification stage then I can get a definite answer 😥

There has to be a way... Can you think of anything else at all you pay?  Are you a co-signer on any account?

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope I'm not a co-signer for anyone. My current auto insurance is at 10mths so i can't use them they want 12mths at minimum. My usda person even said cable which I do have but its also prepaid so they show me being a good standing customer for over 3 years but they also don't provide a statement or something with the date I started service. Theyonly suggest to print out past statements which they actually provide more unfortunately to save money I had a big gap of having cable in the last 12 mths. It didn't affect me because its prepaid and i own the equipment so i don't think i can use them. 

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you already give them rectal verification for the last 2 years?
Message 8 of 19
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Did you already give them rectal verification for the last 2 years?

Yikes!  I've heard of loan approvals being a pain in the butt but that takes it to another level  Smiley LOL

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That definitely was supppsed to say rental 😂😂😂😂😂
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.