Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please!!! USDA Direct Alternative credit reference

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help please!!! USDA Direct Alternative credit reference

Oh my goodness 😂😂😂 that's all that's left of them to ask for 😂 lol yes @jade1202 they have the rental information which is over 2 years and is in good standing. 

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand why they aren't a tad more forgiving if you have two years good rental history. Maybe some of us chose to pay for the roof over our head and in turn got behind on a credit card payment a year ago. You know what I mean? hope it all works out for you! I'll be going through this in about 2 months. Waiting on a couple of things to get deleted so I can apply!
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I know 😥 Thank you best of luck to you a as well! I will update as I go along.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update! I spoke to my USDA contact person and she said they were fine with the 2 credit references. I hope this means good news! I will continue to update Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more update! I called again because of course I am nervous and anxious to find out anything! lol

I called again and asked the young lady I have been speaking with if these alternative references was the last thing waiting to be verified or if there was more still pending.

She said hold on let me ask underwriting...she then came back to the phone and said okay this was the last thing that needed to be verified if anything else were to come up they will notify you. I said okay then all I do now is wait? and she said yes but the ball is rolling so something is happening so give them 1-2 weeks to hear something back.

This gives me hope! Now I wait and pray and hope and wait and pray and hope!

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a little confused on this process! Have you put in an official application? Like paid the fee? Or is this just to see if you would get approved and the official application hasn't been submitted? I remember in your other post you have less than a 640 and some collections which is my situation as well so I'm vicariously living through you 😂 What exactly are they trying to verify with all of this info?
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes I submitted the entire application with fee of $25 and it was received in April 7th and tri credit report was also pulled on that day. I'm in Houston Area and I never did the small application like some ppl mention here. I called USDA Rural office for my area and they asked me a few questions and then emailed me full application. I sent in everything with that application checkstubs, w2s, bills everything then they asked for a few more stuff as I mentioned. When I was reading in the USDA handbook I noticed that if a person doesn't have what is considered eligible credit they can ask for a letter of explaantion for items as well as alternative credit references. So when they did ask for these things I was not surprised. From what I've read every state does their application process differently.

Message 17 of 19
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

I've been following you and Jade's posts for the USDA pretty closely as well as checking out past posts for USDA Direct/Guaranteed. I'm single, no gf/wife/kids. It looks like I qualify for a USDA Direct which is definitely what I would prefer although there's nothing wrong with the Guaranteed. I will probably be using the first time home buyer program for my down payment and cover whatever else is needed to make up the difference myself for the down payment. And I'll probably pass closing costs onto the seller. I'm personally only looking for a 2 bed/1 bath or 2 bed/2 bath; something small and economical pretty much.

I'll probably be waiting a year due to employment history. I had a really low income year inbetween two good income years (counting this year). But I've heard that even with a gap as long as its explained and you still worked up to and a little after it's being overlooked. So maybe I'll try for something this summer/fall and not wait until next year. Anyways that's my story. I'll be safe and look for something 70-100k.

Thanks for both of your stories and good luck. I look forward to both of you having happy conclusions to your home buying process. This will be my first time and I'm doing it alone. I'm pretty nervous since it's the biggest commitment in a life besides marriage and having kids of your own.

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @erusidhion hopefully we can all have the happy ending! I'll make sure to post no matter the outcome 😊
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.